The Dark Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost

Go down

Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost Empty Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost

Post by Esmeralda Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:44 am

Chapter 1

Darkness... Darkness is the thing that swallows entire lives whole. That which all fear, and yet none can avoid. It's all consuming, everlasting, non evading; and yet, it welcomes all. It takes those around into its welcoming grasp and holds them with a vice like grip that none can break. The darkness is everywhere, and the only thing that can sustain it, the only thing that can hold it back, is the light. ...There is no light in this place. This place I've come to. The light is all but disappeared from around me, leaving only darkness. Darkness and pain. Suffering. Darkness. Horror. Darkness. Death... And here, in this darkness... I am alone...

She was running.. Always running, and working, and hiding, and running again. It was mid day, almost time to get to the small bar. Just enough time to finish doing the dishes and get ready. With a contemplating sigh, the young woman shoved her hands into the scalding hot water, wincing only slightly at the burning sensation that rushed over her skin, causing flaming red patches to appear on her skin, up her arms. She was quick, and careful. Very careful, because any missteps, any mistakes, would lead to punishment. With silence, she finished the dishes and raced up the stairs to his bedroom, where he was laying on the bed, sprawled on his back, snoring softly. Oh how she hated him.. Hated what he'd done to her, what he'd made her become. As she rushed to the bathroom, her gaze caught the reflection in the mirror, and the woman could only stop and stare.

...Was this what she'd become? This hollow... shell? Her eyes, once a vibrant, emerald green, were dull, dead. And her cheekbones were sunken in, hollowed out, as was the rest of her, practically. Her body was incredibly emaciated, and covered in a dirty filth. Though that was because he'd taken her outside late last night, under the moon. He always did enjoy hearing her screams under the moonlight. The evidence of last night's fun was evident in the bruising and gashes along her arms, on her torso, between her thighs. And yet, still she remained. The faithful mutt that was kicked around all too often.

With a disgusted sigh, the woman ran her hands through her tangled, dull locks of pure onyx hair before shrugging and jumping into the shower, where she turned the water on pure, scalding hot, as he'd told her she would do. She danced back and forth, left and right, trying to properly cleanse herself under the scalding spray, and she could see the burns and welts already starting on her skin as she quickly turned the water off and dried herself. The woman didn't bother looking in the mirror again, she didn't want to see what she'd become ever again. So instead, she wrapped the small towel around her body as tightly as possible, and hurried to his bedroom.

"Esmeralda..." His voice cut through her almost as if a whip had slashed across her back, causing the girl to still, tears instantly springing to her eyes. No... Please no... she whimpered to herself as she lowered her head submissively. But her prayers, as always, weren't answered... Not this day. Not as he stood, his naked body darkened and evil in the darkness of the room. "Going to work, Esmeralda?" He whispered darkly as his hand reached out, taking hold of the towel she'd began clinging to. With a swift jerk, the garment was off her body, sending her spinning across the room as he slowly stalked towards her. His hand darted out quickly, shoving her against the wall, and he was there in an instant, pressing against her, crowding her against the cool surface with his hands as they roamed over her skin. With a wicked glint in his eyes, he lifted her legs, tugging her so that she had to support herself with her hands, in the corner of the room, and spread her thighs wide. "Dripping..." He muttered, causing the frightened girl to shake her head miserably. No.. no no, she'd just gotten out of the shower. She hadn't dried herself completely. But he didn't care as he leaned down, sniffing along her skin lightly, and slammed himself deep into her opening.

"Izzie? Izzie, wake up. It's okay, it's just a nightmare." Dirge's voice broke through the mists, calling Esmeralda from her dreams, though as she opened her eyes, unsure if she was really back in Dirge's tower, or back in Malachi's house, the girl whimpered, scampering from the bed to the corner of the room. Her dark hair fell along her pale body softly as her chest heaved, sobs catching in her throat until all she could do was lay her head on her knees and cry. Dirge frowned softly, his slitted, cobalt eyes narrowing as he watched his consort cry in the corner. "Izzie..." He whispered softly as he walked over to her, his booted feet softly plunking on the floor. As the half Freyalin crouched, his crimson hair falling across his eyes, Esmeralda whimpered and looked up at him, fear slowly ebbing into disbelief in her cool, emerald eyes. "But... I... I was..." She frowned softly as she shook her head a bit, her hands clenched into tight little fists as she looked up at Dirge, who was crouched beside her, looking as if he wanted to grab her and pull her close.

"Izzie.." He whispered again, his hand reaching out to gently trail down her cheek. "You're safe here, Izzie. He can't, he won't, ever hurt you again." Nodding, almost as if his statement closed the topic, Dirge scooted around so that he was sitting on his rump, his tail flicking lightly towards Esmeralda. He smiled lightly at his consort as his tail stretched further, thumping softly beside her. The young woman shuddered softly, mentally thanking Master Dirge for the kindness of not touching her at that moment, but she did reach down and lightly lay her hand on his tail. Scarred, worn fingers lightly trailed along his soft white fur, her fingers gently flicking the red tip of his tail. Dirge couldn't help but grin as he felt her light touches running along his tail, which was thumping all too happily at the contact. With a light sigh, Dirge reached over, his arms opening, as Esmeralda clambered into his lap, her breathing starting to slow until it was back to normal. "I'm sorry, Master Dir..." Dirge was up, Esmeralda still clutched tightly in his arms, in an instant. His face was set in a stony, grim, silence as he strode out of the room, his consort struggling lightly in his arms. They disappeared in an instant, their bodies becoming encased in purple mists. "Where are we..." But she was once again silenced as Dirge looked down at her, his eyes more tender than they'd ever been deep inside the Tower of Solace. "Hush, Esmeralda. Just... Hush." And with that, they were gone.

Last edited by Esmeralda on Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Esmeralda
Esmeralda
Victim
Victim

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-11-10

Back to top Go down

Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost Empty I was Lost - Chapter 1 Cont.

Post by Esmeralda Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:14 am

In the darkness nothing can thrive. Nothing can hope for tomorrow. There is no growth. No happy thoughts. There's only hunger. Hunger and pain. When the darkness is all consuming, and nothing can stop it, the people within the darkness, the victims, the judged, those that have lost the will to live, the will to survive, they too, like the creatures that thrive in that darkness... Are consumed...

Of all things she could possibly imagine, all things that had happened, this was by far the most terrifying. She was standing in front of the kitchen table, her shoulders hunched, a dead look of complacency plastered on her face, though that was to hide the sheer terror that was racing through her bones, causing her very core to tremble. "I... Sing...?" She whispered softly as she chanced a look towards his feet. Surely he wasn't serious.. She couldn't, wouldn't.. Though, she'd done quite a bit that she swore she'd never do. Such as stand in his driveway while her body was auctioned off as if she were nothing more than a mutt to breed.

"Esmeralda.. You will sing. And you will do it when, where, and how I say." He whispered darkly. His eyes saw all, Malachi's, and he knew she was staring at his feet, even though she was trying to hide it. Just like he knew she was so terrified she wanted to beg. He loved when she begged, loved it with a deep, darkened passion. When she was silent, no sound coming from her lips, Malachi's hand lifted to swiftly backhand her across her face. She'd been too busy watching his feet, too intently staring at the way his shoves tapped lightly to an unknown beat, to catch the violent act. Which was why she was sent sprawling backwards, her head snapping against the counter as she stumbled and fell. Pain rang, bright and true, through her head as her hand lifted quickly to press against the sharp rush of agony running through her temple.

"What were you doing, Esmeralda? Staring at my feet?" He growled as he stood, stomping towards her until her towered over her small frame. His eyes narrowed, his brown orbs light with fire and rage as he lifted his foot, kicking her repeatedly in the stomach. "You stupid whore! You know better than to look at me!" He kicked her, over and over again he kicked her, his legs not relenting until Esmeralda could barely breath through the pain of it. With a sharp gasp, and tears pooling down her eyes, the young woman curled in on herself, half praying, half hoping, this would be the end. Just... Let him end me now.. Please, let this be over.. Over now.. Let me have peace... Though, as always, her prayers were unanswered. She didn't die, didn't pass to the next world. Instead, Malachi grabbed her by the hair, jerking her up as if she were a rag doll, and slammed her against the wall.

"You will do as I say, when I say, and how I say it." His voice had broken to plain, cool, calm. Which was scarier than even his rages, because she never knew what to expect with the calmness. When he was in a rage, she knew he would hit her, beat her, rape her, do any number of things, but she was prepared. Not with the calm though. Never with the calm. Looking down at her broken figure, Malachi grinned viciously as he leaned forward, letting his teeth sink into the flesh of her neck violently. "Mine." He growled darkly before letting her go and stomping from the room. "Get cleaned up, whore. Tonight you sing for your supper."

Esmeralda stared out at the water, the ocean's cool waves crashing lovingly upon the shore. She looked up at Master Firge, her cool emerald eyes staring at him quietly as he held her. He was so quiet, his powerful arms cradling her legs and back in his tender grasp. She had no idea what they were doing, or why he'd ripped them from her bed chambers so quickly, but for now she was happy in the silence, even though her thoughts were wandering to places she'd rather have forgotten.

"Look at the waves, Izzie. Look at how powerfully they crash on the sand. And look how regal they are as they pull back, tugging pieces of the shore with them. So strong. So sure of themselves." His eyes, the amazing intensity of them, the astounding cobalt blue, gazed out over the water, staring intently at the beauty of the land from their cliff, and then his gaze lowered, capturing Esmeralda's gaze in his own. "I see that Izzie. Deep inside your soul, I see that. The courage, the strength, the power... I see all of that and so much more." Leaning down, the half Freyalin's lips brushed tenderly over her forhead as his tail lifted to run along her arm.

Esmeralda was quiet for the longest of moments before she lifted her eyes to his. Her mouth opened, closed, opened again, though no words, or thoughts for that matter, came to her head. Dirge grinned lightly, his smile holding a tenderness that few in his land had seen, but he showed it openly now. Showed it to his consort, his very broken ma... No, I can't say that. Or think it. Not now. Not yet. My mate? I've barely met her. What's wrong with me? his thoughts were inner turmoil at the prospect of calling Esmeralda his mate. Though he didn't know why it made his heart beat so heavily, so quickly, at the prospect.

"Thank you..." Her soft whisper broke through Dirge's thoughts, making his eyes narrow gently as he peered at her, his serpentine features that had become intense and hard with his thoughts, softening. "Izzie.. You don't..." Esmeralda lifted her hand slowly, placing her fingertips on his lips to silence the slightly stunned Freyalin. "I do, Dirge. For more than just now, in my bed chambers. For before, as well. For being the light in my eternal darkness..." Dirge grinned, his lips curling into a grin that was all too like his father's when he looked ta Treble. "Ahh, Izzie... You're going to be the death of me."
Esmeralda
Esmeralda
Victim
Victim

Back to top Go down

Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost Empty I was Lost - Chapter 1 Cont.

Post by Esmeralda Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 pm

When the darkness surrounds you and you realize there's no hope for escape, the only thing that's left to do is wait. Wait for the cold hand of the monster hiding deep within the bowels of the darkness to grab you. It will tear at your flesh, send your soul to the fiery depths of the lowest hell. There is no light, not in your hell, and all that you thought you knew only strays from your mind. Madness sets in, once the darkness has you. A madness so great, you think you're mind will snap. And then, when you think it's over, the darkness will consume you again.

This was it, the big moment. Now or never time, and don't think Malachi was letting her live one moment down. Already he'd stomped up to her, getting into her face and reminding her just what was going to happen if she failed him. Tonight was a special night, he kept saying. Not only was she making him money, she was proving that she was worth more than a whore. If she failed... She didn't want to fail.

Esmeralda frowned slowly as she lifted her hand, pressing tightly to her eyes to insure there were no tears showing as she stepped forward. Shaking her head back and forth, and only fidgeting a little, she looked to the crowd as a spot light fell on her, hushing the ever growing male dominated population. Emerald eyes snapped open as she stared out at the crowd. ... There were so many.. So many people. Fearfully she glanced into the crowd and saw him... Malachi... Sitting there, staring at her intently. He nodded his head slowly as his hand curled into a fist on top of the table. Sing he mouthed to her, his eyes narrowing as he glared at her. The woman's body froze, fear causing her to tremble a bit as she took a small, timid step forward and closed her eyes, tuning her Master, and everyone else in the bar, out. Sighing, she let her hands, which had been bunched in the sides of her dress, fall so that they hung loosely at her sides. And then she sang...

"I hear your voice on the wind
And I hear you call out my name

"Listen, my child," you say to me
"I am the voice of your history
Be not afraid, come follow me
Answer my call, and I'll set you free"

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice of your hunger and pain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice, I will remain

I am the voice in the fields when the summer's gone
The dance of the leaves when the autumn winds blow
Ne'er do I sleep thoughout all the cold winter long
I am the force that in springtime will grow

I am the voice of the past that will always be
Filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields
I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace
Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal

I am the voice in the wind and the pouring rain
I am the voice that always is calling you
I am the voice

I am the voice of the past that will always be
I am the voice of the future
I am the voice, I am the voice
I am the voice, I am the voice
"

The sound was slow at first, a soft, haunting melody that steadily rose with each note. It fell into crescendos, and then lapsed into sounds so silent a mouse might not have heard, and the crowd was absolutely stunned. An astounding quiet fell over the gathered humans as they stared in shock at Malachi's whore. They never thought she'd sound so absolutely gorgeous. While her body was ragged and used, corrupt my vile things, her voice was... pure.

Slowly, softly, her voice lowered until the notes were barely above a whisper, and then there was nothing. Her voice died out as the crowd erupted into cheers, whistles, and loud, wild, claps. Esmeralda looked around the crowd, her face not holding a smile, nor anything of happiness at what she'd just done. He'd found the one thing.. The one thing she still had that hadn't been turned... That hadn't been used to harm her... And he'd used it. He'd tainted it... She had nothing left after that. No more defenses, no more hopes for tomorrow. She couldn't go inside her head and sing of better days, because he'd taken that from her. Here, in his bar, he'd robbed her of the very last innocence she had left... And she damned him for it. Hated him for it. Wanted nothing more than to destroy him for ruining the last pure thing she had in the world.

Turning, Esmeralda slowly walked off of the mock stage and into the back where she sat in a chair and pressed her hands to her eyes. The tears ran down her cheeks then, full, fat tears that glistened softly in the light of the bar. And then she lifted her head, her tear stained cheeks looking at Malachi as he walked towards her, his gaze narrowed darkly as he stepped in front of her and nodded his head, "Next time sing something more lively." before turning and walking away. And she knew... This girl, trapped in a world she abhorred, she knew... She'd never cry again.

Esmeralda looked out over the water as her head rested on Dirge's shoulder. She felt so safe right that moment, almost as if not a thing in the world could harm her ever again. Deep inside, she knew this to be completely possible, though her fears kept creeping slowly to the surface. Her eyes glistened softly as she stared out at the water, trying to imagine herself as a strong, powerful wave. Independent, cunning, strong, but she couldn't. No matter how she tried, she remained the scared, defenseless girl that had no hope for the day.

That was how Dirge saw her when he finally looked down. Her eyes were pools of intense green, her brow was knit tightly, almost as if she were in thoughts so deep, so dark, she couldn't find her way out. The half Freyalin tilted his head to the side as he watched her, his hand softly trailing over her arm for a moment before he leaned down and placed a gentle kiss to her forehead.

"Where are you, Izzie?" He whispered softly as he gently nuzzled her neck. He often wondered where her thoughts went when she got like this, but he cared about her too much to actually probe into her thoughts and find out for himself. His mother had taught him better than that, even if his father hadn't. It was such a gorgeous day, her in his arms, the water lapping on the surf, the wind lightly blew. He could spend eternity right then, in that moment. And he wanted to capture it in his memory as the perfect of things, which was why he looked down at her, his lips an inch from her ear, and whispered softly "Izzie... Sing for me, Izzie..."

He'd said something wrong, Dirge knew it almost immediately by the incredibly cold blast of feelings that pushed off his consort in a fury of emotions. Frowning, not understanding what he'd done wrong, Dirge looked down at her, his eyes staring into her very soul. What he saw froze him where he stood. He didn't blink, couldn't breath, didn't want to move, at the look of horror on Esmeralda's face. "Iz...?" He whispered, surprise flashing through his eyes as she started to tremble. "Wha? What's wrong, Iz? What's wrong?" He asked softly as he pulled her close to his body, his arms holding her tight.

Esmeralda's body was as stiff as a board as he held her, her insides trembling so fiercely, she was sure they'd quit working. Sing... He wants me to sing... I... I can't... She looked up at him, her lower lip trembling softly as tears pooled around her intense green eyes, and then she told him things... Things she'd never told anyone before. Things that had stayed locked away with the memory of Malachi. She told him about her past, and she told him about her lessons, and how often she'd been beaten. She told him about being forced to perform, and she told him about things she didn't think she'd ever be able to think about, let alone talk about.

Dirge stood there, simply stood there, his serpentine, cobalt eyes narrowing more and more, the longer Esmeralda spoke. He had a need, a deep, resounding need, to let his inner... Gods, he hated thinking this, but he wanted to let his inner Haseo out. He wanted to strike dead every single one of those son of a bitches that hurt his consort. He wanted to let out the most evil of his ways, things he refused to even acknowledge, he wanted them out, and he wanted to use them to tear to pieces all the... What am I thinking? This is just a woman. I will not lose myself to her. He frowned as he looked down at her, at the look on her face, the deep, intense green of her eyes, the small frown that had creased her lips. And he knew then, he knew in that instant what it was his father felt for his mother. He knew the love, the protective urges, the feelings of intense wanting. She was his... And then something soft, something gentle, raced over his skin. It was then that Dirge realized that, in his thoughts, she'd begun singing...

Crimson lights the sky, the bird still asleep
Like a dream it shines, from heaven's safe keep
Childrens songs we sung, as soft as the breeze
Endless fields, our home, I long for those days

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face
I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love
See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below
I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their merciless sky
Watching me, watching you

Silent black, the dawn, and time tell its tale
Darkened blood, it flows, the forest receives
Look within the dark as deep as you dare
There inside you find destruction you seek

I call out these prayers to the sky, heavy with thought, see your face
I carry these memories inside, thoughts of a soul colored by love
See me grow wings and fly high, passions will die down below
I burn in a basin of fire, watchers look on as they dance in their
merciless sky
Waching me, wathing you
Esmeralda
Esmeralda
Victim
Victim

Back to top Go down

Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost Empty Re: Out of the Darkness: Book One - I Was Lost

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down