The Dark Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal of an Emperor

Go down

Journal of an Emperor Empty Journal of an Emperor

Post by Haseo Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:39 am

Day 1:

I have seen journals, and diaries and such many times in my life. Hell, the biography I am writing would seem an appropriate example of this, but less than so due to the fact that it shan't cover my days as they pass. They only cover the things that have been. And, as I was so tactfully informed by Hatake today, I need to find a way to vent my frustrations and insecurities other than ripping flesh with my talons. So... I decided that I would begin writing in a 'journal' to cover my day to day experiences.

And today, it would seem, was an appropriate day to begin...

I could not stay asleep, as is often the case, and left my bed with my mate still in it. Sometimes, I think that this may be foolish, and that I should lay in bed and wait for her. Unfortunately, I cannot do this. If I sleep for too long, my body will become accustomed to it, and lose it's edge of readiness. It's keen and sharply trained perfection. In any case, today I had to repower the Dark Crystal, which keeps the Dark Folly aloft. The true heart of the floating fortress' power. So, of course I was feeling drained and in a weakened state, so I retreated to my Inner Sanctuary. A lovely place, which is fit for any Dark Emperor or ruler. No one is permitted entrance here, not even my own family, for a few reasons. The times that I need to myself, which I rarely get... and to protect them should I feel my edge of readiness shift into madness. Somewhere to lock myself away.... I will never let the same disaster that transpired between myself and Eindrel happen again. I will never have her look at me with fear, and have myself looking down at her as though she was a meal...

The thought still makes me shudder.

After a few hours of hiding myself away and relaxing to the low music of the spirits of my dead race, I found myself running into my mate, Treble, as well as an arrogant piece of garbage. A human, one who is too useful to discard, but still something that I would thoroughly enjoy throttling. I have never enjoyed the company of humans. Many of the examples that have been lain before me thus far have been measured and found severly wanting. These humans seem to always possess a hole in their heart, one that they can never seem to fill no matter how much power, how much treasure, and how much lusty bodies they seem to gather to themselves. They are always wanting and gripping jealously at that which is not their's. Anyways, what transpired next shamed me to the deepest pits of what remains of my soul, amongst all the other souls that swirl within me.

I called the human exactly what I thought of him. A hairless ape. They smell. Apes smell. They throw their shit at each other, even if it does come from their mouths. Apes throw their shit at each other. They are chaotically organized. A thinly veiled precept of community hiding the true chaos and despair underneath.

... While I am not sure that apes are like that, I do not trust those furry things more than the humans. Tricky things, these Earthen animals especially.

Anyways... When Treble heard me say those forsaking words... She hurried away from me... hurt. I do not know what passed through her mind, but surely she did not think I included her in that category? That is what I thought at the time. I never claimed not to be a fool. And what a great fool I was. I do not truly consider a human... Yes, she has human blood in her veigns, but she also has the blood of dragons and devils within her. But in my callousness... I had forsaken that which she charished most about herself. Her human compassion. It is unfortunate that she is one of the few that truly does have that thing that so many of them preach about. But... perhaps it is for this reason that I love her. For her caring and forgiving nature. So many difficult thoughts plagued my mind until I saw her again.

Thankfully, I saw her again, and a brilliant plan came to mind. I conjured a dead rose, a plant that is supposed to be considered beautiful amongst humans when living (Even if they do consider cutting them off and killing them in their prime then giving them to each other as beautiful... something I can almost respect), and I presented it to her. She seemed sad at first, when she took it, but taking both of her hands in mine and covered the petal. I stared at her for several moments, before drawing one of her hands away, leaving the rose in her hand, but now vibrantly colored and living. I may not know if she understood the significance of the action... but I know. No matter how dead my heart may seem to her... No matter how pale her life with me could be... with a little work and a dash of magick, it will become more vibrant than even before.

I had to return to my sanctuary afterwards... I trembled too much with these emotions I'm still not used to, to allow my servants to see me.

After regaining control of myself, I travelled to some of the outposts near the Outskirts of Dark Avalon, to recieve the scouting reports from my forces stationed there. What they reported has agitated me greatly. It would seem that those concieted, wretched humans of Earth have decided that their blockade, which I could have broken through at any time, needs to be brought a little further into my territory. After a few quick raids that resulted in many deaths on their side, they again backed off, returning to their original positions. It would seem that the original leader of the country I had invaded was no longer in charge, and the humans have chosen a new leader. So strange... that the balance of power would change between different leaders without a death involved. Interesting, but foolish. How could they expect anything to get done and truly stay changed? ... Of course, don't I advocate change as a welcome difference to the stale, dull bore of constance? Perhaps I am a hypocrite... But it matters not. I have the power, so I may do as I wish.

I will have to visit this leader soon... and make clear to him that I shall not tolerate such actions from him. Ever.

Foolish hairless apes.

Not including Treble.

~H~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male
Number of posts : 119
Where you Reside : The Tower of the Dark Folly.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Journal of an Emperor Empty Re: Journal of an Emperor

Day 2:

Busy! So damn busy!

The Dread Knights found Junior sneaking around in their quarters, and one of the Acolytes, a woman, tried to kill him! That little bitch... I strung her outside of the Dark Folly by her intestines. The Dread Knights are wonderful servants... but some of them are simply too fanatical. She hoped by killing him, hoping that by removing him, and then Eindrel and Treble, she could elevate herself to the status of my mate! WHERE IN THE WORLD WOULD SHE GET THE IDEA KILLING MY FAMILY WOULD MAKE ME WANT HER?! It's really... really, difficult being a God figure sometimes. But Junior... He had fun. He thought the entire thing was hilarious, until I started yelling at him about going into the Dread Knights' quarters, and then he just started pouting and saying I never let him do anything.

If he had any idea how spoiled he and his sister were, he'd never utter those words again. Especially compared to how I had it when I was growing up. They've at least got somewhere safe to live, without the fear of some canopy parasite reaching down and burrowing behind their eye!

I decided to keep Junior with me the rest of the day though, seeing to duties, and even training. And my little boy even managed to convince me to come and watch that thing called... 'television' with him. Something he called a 'Kung Fu Flick'... Or maybe he said tick...? In any case, I have to admit that it was slightly entertaining. The main character showed many of the traits I hold sacred, such as a strictly disciplining the body and mind into complete control. Eindrel walked in about half way through the movie, though, carrying a black animal she kept calling Onyx. I had sniffed at it a little bit, while the two children jumped around and played with the creature for a little bit, before it decided that it wanted sleep. Eindrel immediately picked it up and plopped herself on the couch at my side, and Junior took up the opposite side. This small thing with my children made me realize that, while I do love them very much, Treble included... I have thus far been putting them second in my mind, and it disturbed me to know that in my pursuit of remaining powerful, and even growing more so, I had left one part of my life weak. I vowed to change that immediately.

After the movie that Junior and I had begun watching was over, Eindrel immediately picked out another movie, and showed off at the same time. She'd been training with Hatake more intensively the past few months, due to her startling skill in magick, and she flaunted them perfectly when she flipped to a different movie without getting up.

This one was some form of romantic movie... with some elements of what I suppose could have been comedy.

And the first scene, and what followed after cut into my heart a little... No. More than a little. It made me feel as though I bled profusely.

It started off with two humans mating (Something I immediately covered the children's eyes over, I wasn't sure how Treble would take them seeing that so soon in their lives), and then the morning after, but only the female was in the bed. Eindrel made a noise, and when I asked her about it, she said... Men who do that are real jerks. They should be hung by their ankles and beat with wet noodles. While I had no idea what noodles were going to do to someone, I understood clearly what she meant. And it made me think of the situations I constantly place myself and Treble in. I made another vow then. That I
would remain in bed with my chosen mate in the mornings.... Perhaps, later, I could convince Treble to watch one of these 'movies' with the entire family... and possibly even coax Hatake out of one of his putrid labs.

~H~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Day 3:

Well... this morning was probably one of my most enjoyable thus far. I think I'm going to enjoy this vow I've made to stay in bed in the mornings. Not only did it feel wonderful to sleep normally, like I used to, rather than through the hypnotic sleeps that impart a certain amount of more rest in less time than a normal rest would in the same amount of time, but I woke up next to a vision of beauty, and had the chance to actually lay there and appreciate it. Appreciate her, my Trebya. She was so beautiful as she rested, with her hair along her face, and her hand drawn up close to her mouth. I could not help but reach out and gently begin to stroke her cheek. She woke up shortly after that, and looked shocked, and then IMMENSELY pleased that I was next to her. The way she smiled, her cheeks lightly colored from her slumber, excited me enough to make my tails thump on the bed, and that only seemed to delight her more.

She pulled close to me then, and I loved the moment of tenderness we shared for a long while after that, my skin actually heating each place where our skin met. Now... I know this is a rather trite matter for most people, but Journal... Oh dear Me! ... I'm beginning to write to you like you're a sentient object... Well, maybe if I add a few teeth, and some skin... and a heart... Yes, and an eyeball! ... I seem to have strayed from my original little speech. Damn, I hate when I do that sometimes. ANYWAYS! Yes, big lettering hel...........

My body has a fucking cold temperature near constantly. Foolish me... Straying from the topics at hand... You may insert my random grumbles here. Before I destroy you, for leading me into temptation.

After she was happy with the amount of cuddling, a strange thing that involves becoming close naked without mating, though it is immensely enjoyable... She decided that she would make breakfast for our little Hellions. Some form of food made from slices of a ruthe like creature, they call them pigs on this planet, and they have significantly less horns and tusks, and eggs. The thought of our children eating eggs for the slimmest of moments caused me to think of the times I'd contemplated eating them when they were but eggs... I had to shake the thought off quickly though as Treble offered me some of the food. While, I'm not a fan of human food but would try it if she asked... The previous thought simply had me too unnerved to even contemplate, no, even ENTERTAIN the idea of eating an egg. So, instead, she made me a large bowl of that divine food known as Ramen, with some complimentary moss on top. It wrenched my heart for a moment that I had so vehemently refused her offer of the first food and that she had made me this to placate me... Honestly made me feel horrible. I kept my face straight, but my traitorous tails slumped a little at the thought of forcing her to work twice as hard just for me.

But that didn't prevent me from devouring the Ramen as quickly as I could. I didn't want to offend her twice... and, more importantly... This is Ramen we're talking about. How could anyone resist its salty taste? After she quickly ate her breakfast, Eindrel stood and announced that she would be training with "Uncle" Hatake. I nodded at her, as though she needed some form of permission, and she scurried off quickly to continue her lessons under my more magickally inclined brother.

I suppose, that Eindrel's... conception, should be explained. Long before I had even met Treble, my brother Hatake had been rather obsessed with finding a way to resurrect our long dead race of Freyalins; a tailed and winged elvish people of immense strength and power that had been wiped to the brink of extinction by another denizen of Alulaylaranti. The only survivors of this race are Hatake, Eindrel, Junior, and myself. Though Junior does have some other races blood in him than the rest of us, it doesn't make him any less Freyalin. It makes him more than a Freyalin in my eyes. And there I go... running off from the subject at hand again. Tsk... I really should work on that. Anyways, in Hatake's obsession with resurrecting our race... He injected me several times during my sleep with some sort of formula he created... And I wound up pregnant. Needless to say, I was less than pleased about having to squeeze out an egg, and wrung his neck for the next several weeks after seeing him.

It turned out alright, though. I have a very talented daughter, and now, a very talented son as well. Both beautiful and strong... And with a loving mother. I don't think I could ever thank her enough for treating Eindrel as she would if she were her own daughter... Nor would she expect me to, I would think. We all, my Knights, my servants, Hatake, Eindrel, Junior and Treble herself, look at Treble as Eindrel's mother.

After Eindrel departed, I watched as my son pouted and Treble smiled at him and took him off for training with her, leaving me alone with my bowl of Ramen. Of course, after the children and Treble were clear of the table, I didn't hesitate to force down the entire bowl of Ramen. Can't teach the children bad manners. What kind of father would I be if I did such a thing? And so began my day of relaxing, enjoying a break from work, wandering around the Dark Folly...

In complete. And utter. Boredom. I couldn't even train properly, as I'd lost my drive to do so. So I settled on some meditating. Upside down on the ceiling. And my particular bit of meditating also involved becoming invisible... And dropping things on people that passed under me. It was fun, for a whole of three minutes, before Sven showed up with a giant needle, intending to give me a 'vaccination'. It is rather pathetic when a creature over ten-thousand years old will run from a doctor about a shot. Even if the needle is about as long as his forearm, but still.

Most of my day was spent meandering about, and calling in various previous contacts I'd made over the millenia... and not eaten... and trying to find absolutely anyone who had the time to do something interesting, like maybe blow up a city or two. Of course, everyone was either busy or a good person. How is it I managed to have so many... friends? ... No, associates who were either of a good or at least neutral alignment... While I tended to be vile, and despicable, though in a cute, "Awww, he's about to slice my head off!' sort of way? ... Well, that's an interesting statement. Long story short, nothing happened, until I was wandering through the halls of the Dark Folly, when Treble scared. The. SARLIC! out of me. Or shit, as humans would call it. And many other races. I nearly killed her before I realized it was my beloved mate. And then I wanted to hug her. Very tightly. Around her throat. With my hands. It unnerved me, I suppose, to know that there was someone that was good enough to sneak up on me. I wasn't so proud to think that just a single day off from serious, heavy training and forced paranoia would dull me down that badly. Treble is simply a skilled and wonderful fighter, magick user, sneaky little tart, lover, mother... Well... I don't think there's anything she's not wonderful at. Except at perhaps timing. The last I'd seen of her, she was sleeping with the children tightly packed around her, and that Onyx, cat-thing that she'd given Eindrel, which honestly wasn't all that bad. It made a purring sound when I lightly scratched behind its ear earlier that day, so I'd warmed up to it considerably. The purr was simply so amusing and enjoyable.

I had been intending to make a room in the Dark Folly for whatever Treble wanted to use it for, and... I had half a mind to add some Earthen foilage, just for her, and the children if they chose to look. Which reminds me... I'll need to take them to their home-realm soon. Eindrel had seen nothing more than the mountains, while Junior had never even visited the ancestral home of our race.

Maybe I'll wait till they're older and can destroy half a planet before I take them there... it is rather dangerous, and walking around as an Ithen is not exactly the wisest of moves. Most of the planet still hates me. Just goes to show they can't take an uprooting of a religion and the dismantling of a kingdom, it seems. Nothing too serious. I am slightly curious however... About a completely unrelated subject to whatever I was just rambling about... There was a human girl in my Fortress, from before Treble, a friend of Eindrel, who begged for me to spare the girl's homeworld. I hadn't seen her in some months. Hell... I don't even think that Eindrel has brought the girl to meet Treble yet. Or if she was even in this fortress anymore. Oh well...

Oh, and P.S. Journal... I may have you burned for containing slanderous material about myself. You should think about this well, before you allow such words printed in here, implying I feel bad for things! I leave you to this message...

~H~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Day Four:

I can't even begin to describe what the Hell had happened. One moment, I was just laying in bed, on the bare edges waking up. It had been a restful sleep, I suppose. No nightmares. No moments of anxiousness or insecurity. Just a simple, restful sleep. And then, suddenly, Treble shot out of bed, and screamed, before the scream cut short, and she couldn't breath. I shot up from the bed and immediately put myself at her side, arms and tails wrapping around her, my heart racing and my mind going blank. I had no idea what to do! I could do nothing, as my mate, my love, sat there in terror, of whatever it had been and crawled into my lap. She was breathing now, so that, at least made me remain somewhat calm. But she was shaking. By Darkness, was she shaking.

I didn't know what to do, other than pet her and ask her what was wrong, what I could do, and make promises to make whatever it was that had bothered her dead. I wasn't sure if that would make it worse or better. But she didn't say a thing. A couple of times, she seemed to try, but she just fell back into her shaking. Eventually, her shakes subsided, and she fell into a- albiet fitful- light slumber. I ran my fingers through her hair for a few hours, as she slept, before her eyes open slowly to me again. I could only smile at her softly, as she offered me one of the weakest smiles I'd seen from her yet. I was so used to seeing her acting... more sure of herself, than that smile said. She looked as though she was ready to tell me something... before she jolted out of the bed, our dark sheets flying out around her and covering herself in her armor with mists as she ran, flying out of our room. I was dumbfounded for only a moment, before I tore out of the bed as well, though I only covered myself with a pair of leather pants, chasing her down the halls, my wings giving me more speed than my feet ever could... but it never seemed to be enough. The Halls were over-crowded, and I regretted the dark stalagtites, light sources I'd added a few weeks ago. But... DAMNIT! WHY COULDN'T I STAY ON HER?! She managed to get past everyone, knocking them over and into walls, possibly even injuring a few of the smaller demons that managed to creep their halls.

When I had finally caught up to her, it was just as she was slamming the door to her office. I rushed to it, nearly crashing into the door, but skidded to a stop just before it, and slammed my hand into it several times, calling out her name. Several more people behind me, well, I'm not sure if they were people... maybe they were demons... began shouting for her as well, only they referred to her as, "Queen." Perhaps they were this brotherhood that she'd spoken of before. Finally tired of this, I tried to mist through the door. I wanted to try and get through and do anything, force her to talk. But when I tried, nothing. I couldn't get through. I admit, what I shouted next probably wasn't nice... but I was so... angry? Frustrated? Something along those lines... I almost called in one of the Darkfallen to sunder the door to pieces...

But I didn't. She obviously didn't want anyone near her. This, 'Brotherhood', looked at me for answers, but I just shoved past them, giving them each death glares and stomped off. In my anger, I grabbed the nearest table and threw it against a wall, shattering it. I was just so angry that not only she wouldn't let me help... But she... she locked me out. She didn't even want to see me. I made my way straight to my training room, and I didn't stop for the next twelve hours. And then the next four was spent meditating. I know that Junior watched me for at least an hour, the expression on his face wrenching my heart... But I couldn't leave, and the look I gave Shatiel told him immediately he needed to take my son away. I couldn't be near anyone I cared about... Or I could hurt them. Just touching them with me in this state... I could already see the black veigns pumping in my hands and arms, and my talons were awfully sore around the bases. All I could do, was dim the red light stones... and curl into a ball on the floor, and hold my face, talons drawing the black blood just from that bare touch.

Why did something like this have to happen now? Of all times? ... When everything... seemed so perfect?

I don't know if I'll go back to the room tonight... I don't know if I'll be wanted there... I'm just going to spend the next few hours training. Maybe the next few nights.

--------

My body eventually gave out, and I lay on the ground with the weight of the increased gravity nearly crushing every bone in my body. I was unable to move, unable to think. I just lay there, vision fuzzy and blank, barely able to see the wall just a few feet away from me. I don't know who burst into my training room, and dispelled the magickally increased gravity. I don't know who it was that dragged me back to our room. I just lay there, as they wrapped me up in bandages, and reset a few of my bones that did break, before I passed out from the pain and the exhaustion, the Dark Crystal gently revitalizing me. I woke up a few hours later, and dragged myself out of the bed and into a shower... I haven't come out since... I've just... stayed in here, with the door shut and staring into the mirror.

~H~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:40 am

Night Four and Day Five:

It was Treble. She had bandaged me last night. I couldn't finish writing because of the worry and hate that had engulfed me. I finally found out what it was that had so despaired her, what had caused her to push me away so fully. So painfully. A spectre of her past. Some... thing, called the 'Snake Master'. Someone that had hurt her so utterly and painfully. The Devil within me wanted to rip out so badly that I nearly conceded to it. Nearly let that hateful monster within myself rip itself out of my body and hunt this Snake Master to the ends of the Void. But I controlled myself. I kept myself there at her side, holding her and viewing her in what she truly was. What she had hidden from me... for quite a few years.

Her body was so scarred. Not nearly as badly as mine was... But... Just seeing those marks on her. Those things that showed how much pain she had lived through. I had to stare. I couldn't look away. How could I? She and I were so similar, so eerily alike. She stopped her ramblings suddenly as she noticed that she was now covered in scars. And the true hint of magick I had always tasted around her was revealed. There she was, uncovered before my eyes. How she truly was. And there was no way that I could love her more than I did at that instant. But the anger took over first. She had been harmed in her past. And now the thing that had done it to her was calling and beckoning. Was looking for her again. My fingers tightened as my Devil started clawing at my insides, begging to be let out again. I know that I might have seemed terrifying at that particular instant, somewhere between what she had fallen in love with, and the monster she had seen only a handful of occassions. But again, I was able to control myself, I managed to speak a few words that remained my genderless tone, rather the deep baritone my Devil used.

"Never", I said, "You are MINE. The children are OURS. Let him come, no let me find him... I will take more pleasure in tearing him to shreds than the Paladin, I will-"

I stopped however, as my gaze fell to her scars again. I realized, at this moment, she did not need anger. She did not need my hate. She needed my love. And my reassurance. Two things that I had never truly given to anyone but my family. Something... that only they could draw from me. I moved forward and took her into my arms. My face drew into a confused look though, as I wondered why she had never felt the need to truly tell me these things. Not to lay them before me cleanly. But I suppose... it did not matter. Gently, my fingers began to brush along her scars, my thumbs gentle assurances that I would never cause her harm, nor let anyone harm her again. My lips soon followed my fingers, each touch followed by a kiss. I kissed her arms. I kissed her shoulders. I kissed her neck. I kissed her stomach. As I knelt before her, warms and tails wrapped securely around her, the final kiss given to the final exposed scar, I looked up at her, having to crane my head slightly to look past her breasts and see her eyes, and whispered so low, so gentle, that I thought for a moment she wouldn't hear me.

"Beautiful. You are beautiful, my Trebya. And you never need to hide from me, anything."

I meant every word. Every syllable. Even the breaths it took to utter the words. I meant those too. I stood then and gave her a tight 'hug', and embraced her fully, She was thrilled and terrified and a number of other things I couldn't sort through as the emotions sored through her mind, and by extension, mine. This was the greatest thing I loved about being with her; Our ability to simply feel what the other felt. I should listen to her feelings more often, oafish fool that I am. We stayed upright, just embracing one another for several minutes, my naked and sore chest against her barely covered on, fingers trailing and leaving tingles on my back, while I repeated the same, albiet more gently due to my talons.

We finally laid down for bed, and this time, she asked me the strangest of things. Well, not so strange, I suppose. She had to be weary. She asked for me to put her into a deep trance of a sleep. I obliged easily, and spent the entire time it took her to drift off placing small kisses along her cheek and neck.

That morning, I woke up to find Treble still sleeping, and, after a moments hesitation, I decided that I needed to rise and take care of teh children for once, rather than forcing her to take care of them. I suppose that she would forgive me for this intrusion of our sleep, considering it involved the more important aspects of our lives, rather than our jobs. It was a quiet and peaceful morning... with the exception of Shatiel standing right outside of our door as I emerged. The Dread Knight was practically hopping around me, trying to inspect me, until I batted him aside casually. Had he been a bandit or a human, or even a snakeman, he would have flown down the hall. Dread Knights, however, were incredibly durable, and it actually caused my arm a slight bit of soreness from smacking him, and only succeeded in knocking him a few feet away. The Dread Knight immediately set about apologizing to me as my half cloak and more regal armor swirled onto my body. I shot him a short look and closed my chamber doors behind me, and my look instantly turned to one that clearly said, 'Be quiet'. The Dread Knight obliged and opted to just follow me closely as I slipped into the children's rooms, picking them each up with a tail. I had to be careful with Eindrel as she had just sprouted her wings the other day, and they would most assuredly be tender. It was a proud moment for both I and Treble, though Junior was a little disappointed. I told him honestly that he wouldn't be growing his wings first. He'd more than likely start with tails. I suppose what unsettles me a little about Eindrel growing wings... is how young she is. Hatake didn't even grow his wings until he was fifteen, and I my first tail around that time.

The two stirred a little in their sleep, but only Eindrel truly woke up. She decided that she'd rather fly a little and stretch out her wings, work them through the soreness. I accepted her decision easily, but looked back to see Junior snuggle into the tail holding him up, and chew a little on the fur. It made me a little edgy, thinking that he could very well sink thos Freyalin teeth into my tail and make my tail a little more red than it was meant to be...

We made it to the kitchen without incident, though, Shatiel never trailing far behind as the guards of the Dark Folly began stirring, or even just some of the common servants packing in for the night as the day shift roused crossed our paths. Eindrel enjoyed flying around Mr Stinky Breath several times just to torment him. When we did arrive at the kitchen, I set them both in their respective seats, Junior seemingly coming awake instantly at the thought of food. What happened next will not be documented, due to the fact I don't wish to seem a fool. I'll document the aftermath though...

I had attempted to make eggs and bacon just as Treble had the other night. The bacon was made easily enough, but the eggs ended up on the floor, and a little bit in Shatiel's eyesocket. After a mixture of 'ewwws' and laughs, I was finally able to get the damnable eggs to submit to me and cook properly. I evenly divided them up between Eindrel, Junior, and a plate for Treble as well. The two children immediately began devouring, obviously losing their manners in the face of their father. Eindrel left right after for training as usual, but made me bend down to give a quick peck to my cheek. The motion surprised me, but she took off before I could make a comment. One look at Junior and I could immediately tell he was about to have a fit, so after a grunt to get his attention and informing him that he and I would be training together, the boy was a whirlwind of motion, immediately heading out to get his sword. I possessed a strict, no wooden sword training policy. I bid Shatiel to take the eggs up to Treble as I misted to the training room reserved for sword training between myself and my children and mate.

I hadn't expected to be caught in a wire trap the moment my feet set on the ground. Spinning upside down, I snarled, only to see Junior snickering above me, clinging to one of the stalagtites. I gave the boy a sly grin, and drew one of my twin silver swords, slicing through the wire that held my foot and landing evenly on both feet.

To say my son was surprised that I didn't hold back was an understatement. The boy was terrified for the first few moments, thinking it only a game that was going horribly wrong. Before he got angry. The boy seemed to transform right in front of my eyes into a fighting machine, and he did not pull his sword swings in the least. I used only one sword throughout the small sparring fight just as he was, and I even nullified the magick on his sword so that he could cut me if he could manage to get a hit through. His blade managed to knick me along my fingers, and, with a hiss, I stopped the fight by parrying his blade far outwards and rushing him, tripping him with a foot and slamming an open palm into his chest, flooring him. The boy seemed like he still wanted to fight! I laughed and pulled him close into a hug, after knocking his blade away. My son seemed a little nervous about the hug. He obviously thought I was aiming to kill him. After I dismissed any fears he had of that, I sent him on his way and went off to find Treble.

How is it that she and I always managed to get into fights and then make up so quickly afterwards?

I will not write what our fight was about, but I will just say that it was bad... and I had been wounded deeply by it. She had not trusted me with something frighteningly important, and I had known she was lying about it. When I called her out on it... She grew more angry, and I in turn more vile than I had been to her thus far. She finally relented and told me why she had not told me and what it was that she hadn't been telling me. For a moment I was stunned, but I recovered quickly and conceeded that it was probably for the best, especially at... The person's request that it remain secret. Silly humans...

~H~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Day WHO THE HELL CARES ANYMORE?!:

I should have known. I should have expected it all along. I have lived, for over ten millenia, watching as kingdoms crumbled before me and my armies. Watching as lovers come and go from amongst my soldiers, and the enemies. I have seen the dying of stars and laughed at their death, knowing that I would be eternal. That I would live far past everything else around me, and that I would be, once it was all gone, undisputed ruler of everything.

And then, Treble came to my life. She ruined it all for me. I was happy and content with destroying what I wanted, killing who displeased me, and satsifying my daughter's wishes all to the dismay of my brother and everything else that lived around me. I was Evil Incarnate! I ate dreams and poured forth nightmares into the realms. Everything cowered before me... until those... cursed... disgusting cobalt eyes stared into mine.

... Why is it now, after this... I suddenly wish I was no longer eternal? Why do I wish my heart was removed and would not regrow? Why do I wish-
The writing is interrupted here, a long scratch mark along the page from a quill or some form of writing utensil.

... What did I do? What... Junior. He won't look at me. I... I struck him so hard the moment he walked into my chambers, shouting loudly and asking where 'Mama' The word is written terribly, as if it burned to write it. I told him to be silent and go away. The boy didn't listen. He just persisted, hopping onto my back and pulling my hair. Shatiel attempted to dissuade him. He'd seen the same look I held in my eyes so many times when I'd executed someone who had done something to just slightly aggitate me. I... grabbed my son by his throat and squeezed, hissing at him that his mother was gone and he'd have to learn to fucking deal with it. I didn't even look at him as I threw him across the room, and only barely heard the thud as he hit the wall. I felt like I wasn't even controlling myself any longer, as I stood and walked to the fallen boy and kicked him in the stomach. He rolled along the floor groaning and sobbing. I didn't even hear the blade being drawn, only felt it stick through my back and out my chest. I froze, even Junior, who had begun to rise from the ground froze and stared. Looking down... I smiled when I saw Shatiel's blade sticking out of my chest.

Looking over my shoulder, I could only grin at the fool. He thought that he could defeat me by himself? It was laughable... Looking at my son's face... I realized that was laughable too. The way his face was so stricken, so scared. Look at your Papa now son. See him as the monster as everyone else has. See what you and your sister are forever destined to become. I let the Devil inside of me rip its way out in its usual flare. Even now, as I write this, I sit here, my twisted horns for all to see, looking like a grotesque crown. I hate them all. I don't care any longer. They'll just leave. Or try to kill me...

Shatiel was sent flying in my next blow, and I nearly ripped his spine out. My fingers were even wrapped around the zombie's spine. But I stayed my hand, a laugh rumbling from the deepest and darkest parts of me. My response surprised them both in its simple utter coldness I would wager.

"Get the Hell out. I have no use for those that are weak and in my way of power."

Junior's eyes burned into me like a knives heated by flame, tears framing his slightly bruised face from where he'd collided with the wall, and he whispered, "I hate you." I only laughed at him, shouting loudly, "I hate you too you little shit! Now get the fuck out of my room!" Shatiel glared at me and sneered as he wrapped my, no, Treble's son in his cloak, picking up the weeping boy and carrying him out, not a word passing between us. With a slight twitch of my hand and a push of my mind, the doors slammed behind them. And now, here I sit. In the room that stinks of that lying traitor. In this home that is no longer a home, but a weapon. Writing to you, my wretched little journal. I wonder, if you will leave me as well? Maybe I should stab you... Or kill you...

Yes. Maybe I should kill everyone here. They would never leave me then. They would be mine forever. We'd be together... all of us then...

~The Crimson Death~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

The Day is lost to us:

We... were fighting. The letter that we found grabbed our minds after one of our halves attacked the Junior. It destroyed us. The other half has not submitted, but he wishes to join with the other half that he has hated and has hated him. Now we are Haseo, a single being of two minds but one body. We search for the one that makes our heart shine in the dark. We have heard her call. As we left the chambers, the Dread Knights stared and fell back. We frightened them, as they felt the aura's of blackness and light radiating off of us. As we passed a mirror, our eyes were drawn to it. The form would do.

Our hair was still red, and it moved and swayed freely as the light tendrils of our good half once did, while our eyes caught our attention the most. Where the black had once reigned, there now was shining blue, but still was there the serpentine eyes. We had truly become one. Across our cheeks and forehead were breaks in our pale skin, and light shone from them... But within the light were small particles of red that floated and moved as we moved. It was strange, to see ourselves this way, so different than either of our halves, but so similar.

We moved away from the mirror then, intending to head straight for the doors that would lead to the outside world, somewhere we had not ventured for some time... But the children and Shatiel stood before us, eyes wide but glazed with fear. The son was partially hiding behind our chosen Dread Knight, while Eindrel had her small hands clenched. Part of us wanted to go to the children. The other part wanted to move on and not relent in our search. We had to find their mother, and make our family whole again.

But it was the darker half that won in our internal struggle. We moved to them, and kneeled, Junior clinging tighter to Shatiel as he stared at us. Our voice whispered out in a tone neither harsh, nor soft. A simple empty sound.

"We have wronged you, children. We have let your mother and our mate leave. We must leave as well now, and make our family what it once was. We... can never be forgiven." We reached out and tried to stroke Junior's face, the boy flinching for only a moment, before he took one of our fingers into his hand, nodding softly. We repeated the same with Eindrel, but our hand was smacked away and she hissed, "Don't touch me." It felt as though our heart broke. But we nodded, and for a moment, we were not we, a darker voice seeping out.

"I love you, my children..." And we swept away from them, feeling their eyes upon us, and the Dread Knight's lack thereof. Many servants whispered as we passed, and the doors flew open to us. We had to bring you though, our journal. It will be what keeps us sane in this search for our love.

Nothing will stop us, even as we stand in this large city now, screams coming from the inhabitants. Our actions will seem to haunt us during this search. We can only hope, that no one will hurt the rest of our family in our absence.

~Ithen~

Day two of the search:

Three cities. None of them have even had a hint of her taste. We are growing aggravated with the attention though. Some humans have stepped forward and demanded we leave. We did not kill them though.

Not at first. Not until they grew violent towards us.

Of the three cities we searched, only two remain.

... Don't hide forever, Trebya... We......... I need you....

~Ithen~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Sep 09, 2008 6:54 pm

The Day Matters Little:

Something... vile happened to us. We felt sickened by the sudden fear and disgust and revulsion that coursed into us. Something had happened, we knew. Something terrible that made our link with Treble shudder. One of us couldn't bear the weight of whatever it was, and nearly pulled us down to crash to the ground. Our stomach felt sick. Our body ached. Our heart bled. We couldn't ignore it any longer after we continued to fly.

We had to reach out... NO! I had to reach out to my love... My mate... IT SICKENS ME! I work with this fool, and...
The writing had become shaky at the last part, but evened out. But we know that we must. We must work together if we ever hope to find our love.... Our equal. The one that makes us complete. Of course... part of us thinks of putting her into a wall for not trusting us to help... But we don't know if we shall do that.

Our mind reached out as she had been reaching through our link. We poured ourselves out to attempt and find her. We wanted her back, we needed her back. For our children. For our lives. For our love. So we finally stopped our flight and settled in a plain, the vast expanse of dust around us and closed our eyes, and let the dark one have control.

His mind reached out in a desperate call, that caused our body to rock, and tears to stream from our face. He only just finished reaching out, and, even now, sends out a steady, streaming pulse through our link. We must find her, and she must know that we search for her now. She must know...
That I love her.

We are beginning to feel the pull again. The near cry for help. We needed to reach her... But we also needed to pour our strenght and love into her, our foreign mind reaching out to her's in all the familiar ways we had grown used to in five years... I let my love be felt... my sadness, no despair, pour towards her... and most importantly... my need for her...

We are beginning to feel her a little more strongly... but it is in short bursts. Our hunt must continue now...

~Ithen~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:50 am

Day 1:

I've decided to start this again journal, from day one. I like the number one. It is a beginning to something that has no end. The numbers of the world are endless, so long as a person can continue to put zeroes on them.

My reclaimed Trebya is a one. My son and daughter are ones. My brother is a one.

Ah, Trebya... I found you. I watch you now, in our bed, the marks of what that bastard had done to you still plainly visible. He will suffer eternal, I promise you. Locked away in Cold Harbor with the Shadow and the Light.
The writing scratches softly after that, as if the person had taken to a violent shaking, before the writing becomes normal again. Everything feels... so different. But this is the way it must be. It is worth it for that bastard to suffer. This is what it must be like to be on the other side of the fence... Finding the person you love torn apart by a monster. How many people have seen myself doing horrid things to the ones they love? And yet, I believe that it is wrong it happened to someone I love?

Perhaps the saying, 'you reap what you sow' applies here? It matters not...

My Trebya... standing there as I burst through a wall, standing over your oppressor... as he lay dying. Your eyes silver, godly power flowing through you and lighting my skin aflame with heat, while my heart ached in desire and my arms tensed to be around you again. Could you possibly know how much I needed you at that moment? ... And could you know how my already cold body felt a very real chill when I saw your nakedness and his as well? Could you know... how much I wanted to destroy the world at that moment? I don't know how far this bastard took you... What he did to violate what had been mine and our's. But I hope you know... He will suffer. The Shadow will take great joy in doing everything to him that he did to you, a thousand fold.

The writing stops, cut off suddenly, before starting again a line down.

It hurt me so much... Knowing that you had been violated. Knowing that something has happened and I could do nothing to protect you. But it hurts even more... that instead of trusting in me to protect you... You ran to him. By all that Is, Trebya... every word you said to me cut my heart to shreds. My pride, my strength was reduced to nothing in just three words.

"I'm leaving, Haseo."

My Trebya, never forget that I protect you. That I love you. That you can trust in me... perhaps... that is no longer true.

While you all are still ones... I am now something else. I was once a one. A beginning without an end. But now I am mortal. But it was my choice. It was my choice to become this, for you. Please... never leave me again. I can only hope that our family can put itself back together.

In any case, journal. I must return to my love's side now, wrapped in my cloak. I can't stand any longer to be apart from her.

~H~
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down