The Dark Folly
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R

Go down

Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R Empty Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:09 am

I just realized... this entire time I've been spelling Scimitar, Schimitar... *sigh*

Chapter 1: Awakening to the World

The small boy slowly opened his eyes, and painfully pushed himself up. His entire body was sore, and he was in a wet place, and it was dark. His misty blue eyes looked around in fear. All around him were bouncing lights, and as one bobbed towards him, he gasped, and dashed away, hiding behind a tree trembling. The boy was bare, and the air was cold, making him shiver as he looked around, his blood red hair fanning out as he did so, falling across his face. He could swear that he heard many voices, all softly singing in a language he couldn't understand. The words flowing together, taking soft tones, and his eyes slowly began to close. He didn't know that this was actually the elven language, and that he was in a swamp. He knew nothing of these things. He also didn't know, that these voices were long dead priestess', murdered in a battle long ago, their bodies desecrated, never properly buried. The glowing orbs, their souls. But he didn't know these things, so they didn't matter to him.

What did matter to the small boy, was that he was cold, and the water wasn't helping things. He heard things growling, and they frightened him also, making him look around with a tense body. He turned around, to run, and screamed as he fell back, staring into the eyes of a large purple snake, which only flicked it's tounge out at him. The boy scrambled away quickly, then ran to the closest thing he could find. A place where the dirt was smoothened, and had lines in it. This was a road. He looked around, hugging himself and shivering, and squeaked a little as he saw something large approaching. He quickly hid behind a stump, and watched as what appeared to be another creature like himself, atop a horse trotting along the path. The boy blinked, and thought, How do I know what those creatures are... but I don't know what that thing on top of the horse is? ... Aren't I one? Shouldn't I know?! WHAT'S WRONG WITH ME!?!?! Tears began to streak down his cheeks. And then he sneezed. The thing pulled the horse to a quick halt and looked down at the boy with glowing white eyes. The boy bit back a cry, petrified as the thing got off of his horse and walked towards him. The thing pulled off it's helmet, to reveal long blonde hair, and long pointed ears. The boy blinked at him with a frown.

He began to feel at his ears. They were pointed, but not nearly as long as the creatures. So we're not the same? The thing reached out a hand, and the pale boy quickly dashed away, tripping over his feet, and the thing began quickly talking. The boy realized it was in the same language as the voices in the mists, almost identicle in fact, only not as soft, but never the less, musical. The boy truly wished he understood what the thing was saying, but he could only cock his head to the side. The thing let a surprised look cross his face, then smiled, speaking, this time, the boy understood, "I'm sorry. I thought you were elvish, from your ears. But they are quite small. I thought you were a girl." He looked down, and laughed, "But now I see you're clearly not." The boy quickly covered himself with a glare, and the man let another musical sound, his laugh, escape his lips. Even in the language that the boy understood, his voice was still musical. "Here, this cold will kill you boy." The boy squeaked as a thick, wool blanket was wrapped around him. The boy slowly stood and looked at the man's eyes with curiousity, but he was simply smiling, and asked, "What's your name, child?" The boy cocked his head to the side, his hair falling along his face again, making him look femenine, which in turn made the man chuckle, but his chuckle died into a look of pity when the boy asked, "What's a name?" He slowly put his hand on the boy's head and said, "A name is something used to... identify a person. You don't have one?" The boy shook his head side to side, and the man smiled, "Then I'll name you. I'll call you... Haseo." The boy looked down and wetted his lips slightly and repeated it.

"Haseo." Neither knew. Neither knew what that name would mean later to the people of this, and many other worlds. But right now, to the boy... that name meant everything to him. He smiled up at the man and said, "Haseo!" They both smiled at eachother.

Last edited by Haseo on Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male
Number of posts : 119
Where you Reside : The Tower of the Dark Folly.
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R Empty Re: Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:10 am

Chapter 2; The Prophecy

Haseo, now at the age of 10, had been travelling with what he learned was an Elf, in an Elf dominated world. But not a High Elf world. Not a Dark Elf world, nor a Wood Elf world. No... these Elves were selectivly known as An'Gelus, and their world as Alaylularanti. They were of a very pasty skin, their world covered in mists, and dominated by dangerous things, making them excellent warriors. But they knew how to make things grow and flourish, like their Wood Elven cousins, as seen by their tall, twisting trees. And they would have to be tall, in order to be raised above the mists, and the perpetual rains that frequented the world. This world knew nothing of snow, but it knew Darkness well, the days cold and dim, and the nights black, that only the brightest of flames could pierce.

Haseo and Vair'leon made their lives in trading, and through the occasional hunt. But Vair'leon had once served in the military, so had given Haseo many instructions on how to weild blades of many kinds, from the smallest of knives to the largest... well... as large as the boy's small body would permit, swords. Haseo spent his time studying the magicks of the world, but he spent it even more so on training with the blade. But, the time spent on those two things, were nothing as compared to the time he spent with Vair'leon. The Elf was Haseo's everything. His father. His world. Haseo spent hours listening to the Elf's tales of his time in the military. He had come to be known as the King of Blades, and his wife as the Queen of Blades. Haseo frowned and had asked, only once, of Vair'leon's wife. He had never done it again, because the Elf had looked at him with such sadness, it nearly brought the boy to tears. Haseo smiled up to him one day when thinking about it, and when questioned, he asked, "If I become great with the blade, do you think I'll become the Jack of Blades?" Vair'leon had looked at him surprised, then ruffled his bloody red hair with his musical laugh and said, "Perhaps my boy. Perhaps."

Haseo now stood in the backyard of their home, late at night, with several torches blazing, holding up a bastard sword, but he was frowning. He had never liked the straight swords. He always found them cumbersome and often inaccurate. He had tried Vair'leon's scimitar once, and while he liked it very much, Vair had laughed and patted his head, saying that it was a gift from the King of Alaylularanti, and that Haseo would get it someday. But that day was long from now. Haseo grinned up at the man with joyful eyes and asked when. He frowned upon the answer.

"When I die of course."

Haseo smiled at the memory. He had told Vair that he wasn't allowed to die, never ever ever. Vair had laughed and laughed in that musical way of his, rubbing his clean shaven face, and told the boy, "No no. I won't be dying for a long time. We Elven folk live to be quite old." Haseo smiled up at him and asked, "Am I an Elf?" Vair had stopped laughing and looked at him with a sigh, "I don't know." They had never bothered trying to find out what Haseo was. And neither really cared.

Haseo struck the post, which was carved into the shape of a small person. Vair watched from a window and sighed, turning his back to the boy, and facing the man, draped in a midnight blue cloak, with a golden mask over his face. "Are you sure?," Vair asked, "Are you sure he's the one?"

"Of course he is. The Temple is never wrong of these things. He is the boy of prophecy. The one who can damn or save this world with a whim." The man's voice was slow and drawn out in a long drawl, with an air of self importance about him. "The Temple knows he is the one, who is the product of our beloved mists, and will be visited by the serpent and then... he will choose. Why should we allow such a being to exist? Only a fool would let a being to exist that could end everything that we have so carefully built! See reason, oh mighty King of Blades. Or shall we have to force reason to you? Just as was done to your beloved Queen?" Vair stood suddenly, hand on his scimitar, "Get out! You're no longer welcome in my home!" The man chuckled and stood, turning to leave, before looking over his shoulder, "You have three days. Deal with him... or we will. I'm certain with your expertise, you could handle it with no problem, and swiftly. We don't use your sharp weapons. The Temple uses maces. Do you think he will suffer more having his head hewed from his shoulders? Or from having his face smashed in?" The man walked out of the oak door, chuckling, leaving it open. Vair slowly sat back down, and put his face in his hands, and, for the first time in years, he wept.

Haseo watched as the strange man left his and Vair's home, his eyes narrowed. He didn't like the man. He didn't like him at all. The man, and all of the golden masked Templar always looked down their noses at him. And he'd always stick his tounge out at them, to which Vair would laugh at, and imitate the boy as the Templar said something, much to the disapproval of all the community. The Temple was a holy thing... Or some gibberish like that..., Haseo thought with a frown. Haseo turned to face the post again, but stopped short. There, looking at him, was a purple snake. He froze not moving, but his face filled with fear as the snake opened it's mouth to show it was lined with serrated, sharp teeth. It's fangs seemed to be leaking a smoky substance... Haseo's eyes widened. Mists... just like... from the swamp...

And then he shouted as the snake lunged, biting him on the shoulder. He didnt' scream though, and the shout was short lived. His eyes had gone blank and his body began to convulse, his fingers twitching horribly. The snake burst into mists, and the mists slowly faded. Vair, having heard the shout, ran out, scimitar drawn, and, Temple be damned, he'd kill the bastard if he touched Haseo. But he froze, rooted to the spot, as he looked down at Haseo, his mouth foaming lightly, tounge hanging out and slowly growing, his eyes changing from their misty blue, to a yellow, then his pupils elongating into slits. He was still convulsing, but he seemed to gain some meager control over his body. He looked up at Vair, with tear filled eyes, and raised a hand for help. Vair looked down at him, tears streaming, and he let out a choked sob, hand over his mouth. He slowly raised his scimitar, point down, and Haseo's eyes widened slightly, shaking his head back and forth slowly and in soft movements, as his teeth became pointed.

"I'm sorry," Vair'leon whimpered, then drove his blade down into the boy's chest. Haseo's hand clenched, his knuckles whiter than normal, and then his hand dropped, completelly still.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R Empty Re: Beginning of the Mists; Haseo Rated R

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:13 am

Chapter 3; The Broken Heart

There was a soft sobbing coming from Vair'leon's home. He was kneeling before Haseo, begging his forgiveness, holding his hand, so small when compared to his, against his cheek. He looked over to the tattered red half blanket that was supposed to cover him. True, to the boy, it would be a full blanket. But for a blanket like that to be red, and so small... it was a sign from the Temple to all, that the person who died should not be mourned, but rather should be jeered and their body would be taken through the town, for stones and rotten vegetables to be thrown at it. Vair cried more, and looked at the boy's femenine face, running a hand across his pasty features. He had put the boys tounge back in, cleaned his mouth, and closed it, as well as the serpentine eyes that had replaced the beloved misty blue eyes he used to stare at as he told many tales to the boy.

"Haseo... please forgive me..."

Vair's eyes widened suddenly, and he began to choke. He looked down at the boy's arm, out stretched as he had been holding it against his cheek. But now... Haseo's small hand was firmly grasping Vair's jugular, his serpentine eyes sliding open, and turning to look at Vair. "You were my father... you were my world.... you were my everything... and then you..." Haseo teeth grit, and he sat up on the bed, clutching one side of his head with his hand, "And then you killed me!" He looked up through his hair, "Why did you do that to me!? Wasn't I your son?! WASN'T I IMPORTANT TO YOU!?!?!" Vair began to choke, his mouth opening and closing, as he watched Haseo's eyes shake, tears filling his eyes. He wanted to sweep the boy in a hug and tell him he was his everything too... but the boy had become so strong... what was this strength? "H-Has...," He barely managed to choke out. Haseo lowered his head, but didn't relinquish his grip, his hair falling in front of his eyes. But Vair saw the boy smiling. That gave him hope. He's going to let go... we can go back to being father and son... But when Haseo looked up, all of those hopes died there, in his serpent eyes. They were empty. They were cold, they were devoid of everything, despite the grin on his face. But that smile was different now. Not just because of the sharp and pointed teeth. Just the way it presented itself. It was a sad grin, of a broken heart. Haseo crushed Vair's jugular, and the man dropped to the ground, choking on his blood. Haseo looked to the side of the bed, where the scimitar had been haphazardly cast two nights ago, when he had been killed and laid upon his bed. He walked over, and picked up the fine sword, before turning to the writhing man. Haseo let another grin swipe across his face, then drove the sword into the side of his head, in the same way as the sword had been driven into his chest. Haseo slowly licked his lips, watching as blood pooled around his head on the wooden floor, Vair's body twitching, nails bending backwards as he scratched at the floor, his eyes rolling up into the back of his head.

Haseo put his foot on the Elf's head, and jerked, the head crushing under his foot, while blood and brains were ripped out with the sword. Haseo turned and looked at the blanket. He knew what that thing meant... ... they want me to wear it so bad? Then fine... Haseo grinned sadistically, his tounge hanging from his mouth. He walked over to it, grabbing a needle and some thread. He began to work on the crimson blanket, working it over and over. It was dawn when he had finished. It was also time for the Templar to come, and pick up the body, and parade it through town. But what they found... was the body they were supposed to be picking up, standing there, wrapped in leather armor, the many attatched buckles glinting from the torches they carried, his hand on the top the hilt of the scimitar, whose tip now rested in the floor. They looked over, horrified, to find the King of Blades slain, and realization dawned, when they knew that the sword he held... was his. No... it was no longer Vair's... it was... Haseo's sword. Haseo was sneering at the men, his grip tightening. Now he was downright snarling, his sharp teeth glinting dangerously, his serpentine eyes flashing, and his head bowed lightly so that his blood red hair fell in his face, seemingly an extension, but darker, than the crimson hood he had fashioned from the half blanket. The tattered blanket, had been turned into a half cloak, but on the boy, it was a full cloak.

One of the Templar finally regained his senses and charged at the boy, holding in one hand a mace, while he swung his torch. Haseo dashed, faster than anything they had seen. No... they had seen snakes dash this fast at prey. Haseo jumped, slicing the man across his shoulder, turning in mid air to bring the scimitar down his back, making the man scream, blood gushing from the huge slash, soaking his blue cloak. Another man dashed, but Haseo spun away from the overhead smash that would have crushed his skull to his shoulders, drawing one of the many daggers decorating his armor, crushing it into the mans stomach, before ripping it out with a wet sound and throwing it at another, sticking it in his forehead. The man fell back and down the steps of the house, breaking his ankle on the way down. The final one looked at the boy in fear, tossing away his golden mask, and shouting, as flames from the torches began to set the house aflame, giving Haseo a demonic appearance to the man as he slowly approached. The man couldn't look away from his eyes, as they seemed to glow in the flames that licked all around the house. A pile of burned rubble fell on Vair's body, making the Templar shake and hold up a hand, crying out, "Wait! Please wait! Don't kill me! Don't you want to know why this happened?!" Haseo chuckled. Then he began to laugh. It was a shrieking laugh, and he had his head thrown back, hand against his face, his shriek of a laugh ringing throughout the village, making several people poke out their heads, and they began to shriek too, as the saw the fire.

Haseo looked down and suddenly stopped laughing, stopped smiling, and said simply, "No." He cut the hand off that was held up, and the man shrieked as blood squirted out of the stump, grabbing up his hand and hugging it to his chest. Haseo dashed again, and ran the man through, pushing it deep in his chest. The same way he had been killed. He pulled it out slowly, watching the blood on the blade as it began to drip slowly. His hands were covered in blood, the color of his hair, and he began to shriek laugh again, stumbling out of the house, the tip of the scimitar dragging in the dirt, making a bloody trail. He saw children he used to play with hiding behind their parents, while the parents were staring at him in disbelief. Haseo slowly slid his scimitar into it's sheath and shouted, "I AM HASEO, THE JACK OF BLADES HIDDEN IN THE MISTS! AND I WILL KILL YOU ALL!!! YOU'LL ALL DIE!!!" And then he began his disturbing, shriek laugh, mists pouring into the village, wrapping around him. He was in euphoria. Everything felt so good in the mists, and he allowed himself to be wrapped in them, carressed and touched by them, nearly moaning from the ecstasy of it. And then the mists faded from the village. And Haseo... was gone, leaving five dead in his wake at the tender age of ten. The results of a broken heart were painful. But the results of a broken heart of a monster.... were fatal.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:13 am

Chapter 4; Medicine for the Heart: Love

A farmer sighed, wiping the sweat from his brow, the days work finally catching up to him, and tossed his hoe to the ground. The human smiled, his green eyes crinkling, and he tugged lightly at his scruffy beard, looking over to where his daughter was playing, and his wife taking dow the clothes hung out to dry. They led a simple life, unhindered by any sort of troubles. They said their prayers to the mists every night, they laughed with each other, and they even had a few rabbits they kept for pets. A simple life. A shadow cast over the daughter, making her look up. The nine year old gasped as she looked at what she thought was a bloody wraith. The mother looked over and cried out, thinking the same thing, while the father rushed over. He frowned at his wife and daughter, then laughed, "It's just a boy dears!" He turned his gaze to the boy, whose head was bowed, red hair in his face. The father looked over the boy, his smile slowly turning to a frown when he noticed all the daggers, and the scimitar at his side. And the blood. He slowly moved himself between his family and the boy, asking softly, "What are you doing here?"

Haseo was dimly aware of someone talking to him. The bloodlust was all gone. The anger dimly there, the hatred having died as well, leaving him with an empty, sorrowful heart. He grits his teeth as his brows furrowed together, frowning hard, as tears threatened to spill down his face, and a hand reached up, clutching at his crimson cloak, a part that hung over his heart. The father suddenly dashed forward, grabbing the boy, shouting to his wife, "Go get a bed ready! Something's wrong with him!" The man stopped short as he began to lift the boy. He saw the serpent eyes. He knew what they meant. He knew what the Temple thought of it. And then he looked down at the boy, tears rolling down his cheeks. He grabbed the boy, making him scream a little and flail, before he fell limp, as the man carried him inside. He set Haseo on the bed, Haseo's eyes barely open, and glazed over, still clutching at his cloak. The man's wife growled at him when she saw his eyes, "You know what they'll do right? What the Temple will do if they find him here? You heard what he did to four Templar and the King of Blades!" That had been two weeks ago. He looked down at the boy, and saw that he was dirty, his face smudged. 'What has he been eating? Drinking? And... ughh... I can tell he hasn't bathed in awhile...'

He looked up to his wife with a smile, his green eyes flashing as he said, "We're going to keep him. You know that the Temple probably went after him first, they don't like anything that they can't control." He slowly brushed the bangs from the boy's eyes and forehead. The woman made a noise of annoyance, then asked, "Aren't you at least gonna get rid of those awful things?" She was gesturing to Haseo's many daggers and knives, as well as the Scimitar. The man laughed and said, "No no. Besides, you know my brother is a blacksmith, he might like having 'The Jack of Blades' around to entertain him." His wife could only sigh, knowing that she couldn't talk him out of it, and smiled, "What am I going to do with you?" He only smirked, eyes closed and scratched the back of his head. They both looked down at their daughter, who was standing over the boy, staring at him. His serpentine eyes slid over to hers blankly, and she smiled and waved at him. He just continued to stare, then slowly, his eyes closed. The girl frowned and asked, "What's her name?" Both of the parents looked down at her and laughed loudly, while she simply blinked. She smiled and ran up the stairs, grabbing a brown, stuffed bear and sitting it next to the boy.

-----------

Haseo slowly opened his eyes, and looked around at the wood furnishings of the place he was at, his eyes blank as they had been for the past... How long has it been? .... why do I even care.... Haseo slowly sat up in the bed, then looked down as something rolled down his chest. Haseo slowly raised it in front of his face, and looked it over. He had once had a stuffed bear, but it had it's head ripped off by a local bully. But that was years ago. His eyes traced over it's outline. It was perfectly kept, not a tear or a single patch on it. It even still had both it's eyes. Haseo blinked at it, and, instead of casting it aside, he slowly laid it down, it's head on the pillow, and got out of the bed, bringing the blankets back up to cover the teddy bear. Haseo stared at it for several moments, before he heard footsteps. He had been running from Templar for so long, that his senses had become heightened. As well as his stealth. Other than the mists that he could now generate and control, Haseo knew how to fit and stick himself to places normally wouldn't be available. He looked down at his leather covered hands. There were holes at the tips of the fingers, and claws slowly slid out of them. Haseo quietly walked to the wall, then stuck his claws in, climbing up the side of the wall, pressing his small leather boots into the wall, claws digging into it from feet as well, and he crawled, above the door, and on the ceiling, his hood hanging down. He watched as a man, who had a pinkish color to his skin, as compared to his skin or that of the An'Gelus' skin tones.

Haseo slowly reached to one of his daggers, gripping the handle tightly. I'll just drop down and slit his throat... that'll be the en- "Daddy! Is she up yet?" Haseo's grip loosened, and he watched with mild curiousity as a little girl ran into the room, looking around. She looked to be about his age. He let his claws sink back in, and he landed silently behind them, cocking his head to the side. He let the sheath of the scimitar hit the ground, and the dad jumped, startled, while the girl turned around and smiled, jumping at the boy, and hugging him. Haseo slowly blinked, and looked at her, before looking back at the man, who was laughing loudly holding his stomach. He wiped a tear from his eye, then held out a hand, saying, "I'm Frank, and this is my daughter, Lisa. My wife, Melanie, is around here somewhere. What's your name?" Frank already knew what it was, but he wanted the boy to tell him. Haseo looked between him and the girl, then turned around, muttering, "I'm leaving." And he began to walk down the hall. Frank blinked while Lisa ran out giggling, and grabbed his hand, stopping him, and asked, "What kind of name is Leaving?" The girl giggled, while Haseo stared blankly up at her. She was taller than him, which made him frown, wrinkling his nose softly, which made her giggle more. Frank peeked out from the room, and looked at the two, and smiled as he watched the boy bow.

"My name is Haseo."

Lisa giggled at him and said, "You're a boy! You kinda look like a girl, didja know that? You're going to be my friend!" Haseo blinked at her, and tilted his head to the side, as she grabbed his hand and pulled him away, telling him that they were going to play house.

-------------

Haseo had been staying there for two years now, living comfortably and peacefully with the family, his sadness having died down over the years. He now smiled more, and had taken to acting a little like Frank, joking and playing pranks on Lisa and Melanie, to which they would screech at Frank for teaching him to be so bad. Haseo and Lisa had also grown rather close, Frank having woken up one night to find her trying to sneak in what had become Haseo's room. She had recieved a heavy scolding for that, and when Haseo had found out, he had grown quiet around her. Frank's brother, Robert, had become fond of the boy too, when he came up from the village. He was constantly bringing swords and knives for Haseo to test out, and give him his opinion. Haseo was very knowledgable about those things. Robert had even taken it upon himself to craft Haseo several new daggers, to replace a few that had become dull and or chipped from his practice.

Right now, they were both out in the woods, gathering up berries for a pie that Melanie was going to be making later that day. Haseo still wore his small leather armor, though it had been enlarged. Not much, as the boy seemed to be destined to be short. "Hey Hassi! Think fast!" Haseo looked up, quickly catching the apple she had tossed with his tounge. Lisa giggled. She always found it fascinating. Especially when her mother had said that it was disgusting. Haseo slowly rolled his eyes, then tossed the apple with his tounge back at her, and she giggled, catching it, then shrieked, "EWWWWW! Hassi germs! Yuck, take 'em back!" She laughed and tackled him, whiping her hands on his leather shirt, laughing loudly, while Haseo chuckled. But he slowly stopped, when he noticed she was frozen on top of him. "... Lisa?," Haseo looked up, and his words died in his throat. She was staring off towards the house. She suddenly jumped off of him, screaming, "THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!" Haseo shot up, memories of flame resurfacing in his mind. He snarled, as his serpentine eyes flashed, and dashed, snatching up the taller girl, and spinning her so that she was on his back. He was faster than her, even when carrying her. He dashed while she hugged his shoulders, her breathing being the laboured one of the two, while Haseo's was even and calm, his hood flapping back at the speed he was running, and Lisa smacked it from her face. Haseo suddenly stopped at what he saw. Templar. More importantly, the Elite Templar, in full, golden armor, weilding spears. But what was most important to him, and to Lisa, was what was in front of them. Frank and Melanie, impaled on spears, whose shafts were in the ground, leaving them up in the air, while the Templar laughed. Lisa dropped from his back, and glared at him. "It's your fault Haseo!," she managed to choke out between her sobs, "If you hadn't come here... MOMMY AND DADDY.... THEY'D.... they'd still..." She collapsed, face in her hands, sobbing hard.

She looked up to yell more, but froze at Haseo's face. Her entire body had gone stiff. He was snarling, sharp teeth well exposed, claws coming from his fingers and feet. But most important, was his eyes. The whites were now black. Mists began to pour out of the boy, through his pores while he had already drawn his scimitar, the blade ringing. Haseo ran, arms behind him, slouched over, the mists making it seem as if he were leaving after images of his movements.

With a roar, Haseo jumped at the men, blade raised.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:14 am

((Just a filler chapter for now, sorry))

Sub-Chapter; The (short) Bandit Rebellion

"Boss!"

Haseo looked up from the parchment he was writing upon, the cut off humanoid finger lifting lightly, the long, yellow nail covered in ink. He sighed and set it off to the side, and stood up from the high backed, winged, ebony wood chair, and turned to face the bandit that stood there. His weapon was drawn, and he was grinning. Haseo slowly tilted his head to the side, and asked carefully, "What is the meaning of this, Roberto? Why have you come to my private chambers with your weapon drawn? And more importantly........ why haven't I killed you yet?"

"DIE!," Roberto jumped at him with his sword held high. Haseo quickly dashed forward, and caught his wrists, and sneered in his face, the candle lights reflecting in his serpent eyes evilly, while Roberto's eyes widened. Haseo slowly shook his head side to side, then drove a fist into Roberto's solar plexus, lifting him up. "Roberto...," He slowly cooed, a hurt look on his face, while Roberto's face was twisted in agony, "How could you do this? I made you... from my own flesh. I remember when you were just a piece of the back of my hand... you don't realize how badly this upsets me." Haseo dropped him, tossing him to the side, and kicking him in the side of his head, said head bouncing off the floor, cracking many of the teeth. Roberto screamed and clutched his face in agony, blood seeping through his fingers from the shards of teeth that now stuck in his face. Haseo grinned, and his left hand began to glow with dark, purple mists. He walked forward, then drove his hand down into his chest. Roberto screamed in unholy agony, his body twitching and flailing. Haseo grinned madly, and slowly began to tug, and pull. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw several other bandits at the door, their bulky forms shaking, and their eyes wide in fear. Haseo grinned again, then ripped his hand out.

But that wasn't all that came out. Along with it, came a yowling, blue form. Haseo tossed it to the ground, and it began to form a puddle. It was semi transculent, and it was screaming. He looked up to the bandits and said, "This is the price of betrayal... I'll rip your soul out..." And then the form took shape. The shape of Roberto. He slowly sat up, and his etheral voice rang out as he stared at his now intangible hands, "What did you do to me!? You monster!" Haseo smirked, and brought his still misting hand down on the ghosts face. To everyone's surprise, it knocked him across the room. "You dare call me a monster, pathetic wraith? You are nothing, as compared to I, your creator," His eyes flashed dangerously as he looked up the others, hair trailing across his face, "Now you all take his body to my lab. He will now periodically be put back in, just so I can pick his body apart, and put it back together again.... What are you waiting for, fools?!" The bandits immediatelly snapped to action, dragging the body away. Haseo looked down at the ghost and whispered dangerously, "For every act that you do to lessen my mood of anger, the less you will be tortured. But I warn you... anger me again... you will think your new form... a blessing. Get out of my site." With a flick of his hand, Roberto was cast from his chambers, and the heavy doors shut with a thud. Haseo slowly sighed, and looked around his most sacred room, arms held out and he slowly spun in a circle, giggling, his hair falling back from his face, the black and red decor making him look completelly at home, but the giddy sounds seem out of place entirelly.

Which made them... all the more disturbing.

((Just a little something to tide my couple readers over until I think of something to write next))
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:17 am

Chapter 5; Lessons of the Heart

Haseo sat, knees hugged to his chest, in front of three freshly dug graves, his former home smoldering behind him. He had tears running down his cheeks, his eyebrows knit tightly. His crimson cloak fluttered softly behind him, and he slowly looked over to all of the dead Templar. The memory played in his mind perfectly, and he clutched his head, trying to will the painful images away....

'Another one dead! And another! AHAHAHAHAHAHA! DIE!!!,' Haseo thought as he ripped through the Templar elite, like a whirling cyclone of death, rage, hate, and blood, eyes gleaming, scimitar and dagger flashing, his grin twisted and mad. He could see Lisa, still on the ground, far off, crying into her hands. He ducked under the thrust of a spear, and stabbed the man deep into his loins, making him fall to the ground, screaming in agony, before he flipped back on his hands as another tried a low sweep with his chained flail, intent on breaking the boys knees. Haseo grinned and jumped up, stabbing quickly with his dagger between the man's neck and shoulder, at the barest of weak points in the thick, heavy, golden armor that he wore. The Templar Elite, also known as the Lion Legions, stared in horror at what the small boy was doing to some of the best warriors the Temple had to offer, killing them left and right, ending all of their existences in a flash of blades and sharp toothed grins.

And then came the last one. Haseo grinned, ducking under the blade, and jumping up onto the man, clutching on his cuirass, getting face to face with him, his eyes widening behind the golden helmet mask of his armor. Haseo opened his mouth, his tounge shooting out, deep into the man's eye, and scooped it out, jumping off the man with a cackle, while he screamed and tore the mask/helm off, throwing it to the ground, clutching at his now missing eye. He fell to the ground, his limps flailing, and shouted, "You little bastard! I hope you enjoy this!" Haseo cocked his head to the side, and then he turned, to see two Lion Legion warriors, bows drawn, arrows ready. Haseo's serpentine eyes slowly widened and he muttered, "No..." The arrows fired, and everything slowed down for the leather coated and crimson covered pale boy. The arrows were fired, and he saw them twisting through the air. It seemed like an eternity as they sailed towards him, their steel tips spelling death for him. And then...

Haseo growled as he was suddenly pushed, knocking him from the arrows' path. And then he gasped as he watched Lisa get impaled with the two arrows, one hitting her shoulder, while the other, pierced he chest. She fell to her knees, while Haseo scrambled up, scimitar and dagger forgotted, and quickly wrapped her in his arms. "Lisa! Lisa! Please, no, don't be dead!," a sob softly wracked the boy, burying his face into her neck as she grew cold, and her breathing weak. He cradled her in his arms, hugging her close, starind down at her, his hood cast back, and a soft wind blowing his bangs across his forehead. Lisa slowly raised a hand to his cheek, smiling. "Haseo," She said weakly her eyes half lidded and glazed over, "I'm sorry... fo... for what I said..." She coughed, and Haseo looked down in horror as her life passed in his arms. He pulled her close when he heard a horrible sound... laughter. The two bastards were laughing. It was the most horrible sound he had ever heard. Their laughter was so... gleeful at the death of an innocent... just because it hurt him.

Haseo laid Lisa's body down as she took her final breath, and her hand fell limp. He slowly placed her hands on her stomach, before grabbing his scimitar and the other dagger, while they each drew a their weapons. One held an axe, while the other a warhammer. Haseo slowly growled while he heard the men continue to laugh. If they thought that their laughing would make him faulter, and his tears would get in the way... they were wrong... He let a low, feral growl out, and his eyes slowly lost their whites and became black, while the yellow color glew softly and the slits of his pupils seem to get even thinner. The two Lion Legion warriors froze, then screamed as the moonlight reflected off of the boys changing body...

Haseo bit his lip, a dagger stuck into his hand. It was almost as if that was a vision forced on him... but it mattered not, he had broken the vision. He stood up, pulling the dagger out of his hand, and reached over to one of the warrior-priests, tearing off a bit of the scarf he wore, which signified him as the leader, and wrapped it around his hand slowly, pulling it tight. He knew what he needed to do. I won't be hear any longer... no... I'll go to the east... where the Temple has no power... the land of the Mage-Lords.. Haseo turned, with a flap of his crimson cloak, which he wrapped around himself, and left the memories of this place behind

But... in what seemed an eternity away... an An'Gelus smiled softly, his black lips glossy against his white skin. His face was shadowed over, but over his hand, was a distorted image of Haseo as he walked away, magical energy slowly waving around, like tentacles, claws peeking through the tips of his silver metal covered fingers. The An'Gelus smirked, and several of his servants shivered within the fortress. Two white eyes glew from the darkness, as he looked to a silver armored woman, who stood off to his side and said, "Dear... tell the Temple to... call off the chase for the Freya. Allow him time to grow... I'd like to meet him in battle one day... one day when he is stronger. He's so weak right now." The woman smiled, he large, pointed pauldrons clanking as she reached over, her bare hand and fingers taking a lock of his hair and drawing it to her, stroking it. The light hit it, revealing a deep blue, and he shifted his legs, metal greaves and boots clanking as well. He reached over by his throne, and pulled out an enormous green blade. As it moved, it reflected a hue of many colors... but the purple orb of energy was a swirling power... with faces floating in it. "Deliver a message to Llarthar from me... Tell him... I want him to seek out the Freya... and craft him a sword... of any type he chooses. And I want Sorgon to wait for the boy in Ren'Altha and teach him the ways of magic..."

The woman looked worriedly at the shadow covered figure, the consort obviously not approving... But what can I do? She chuckled in her mind as she knew the answer was to simply lay back and take whatever her master wished. Whether it be what he wished on the world...

The man slowly took her hand in his, a smirk darkly tugging at his lips. Or to me
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:41 am

Chapter 6; the Mountain Arvon and the Dark Creatures

Haseo grumbled deep in his throat, displeased with the weather. He had been traveling for some time now, and he had found he needed to go over some mountains, which bordered the lands of the Mage-Lords… and it was currently plagued by a snow storm. This is so troublesome... Haseo’s serpentine eyes narrowed in anger as a foul and cold wind cut through him, prompting him to pull his cloak tightly around him as he shook. It had been nearly a month since the farm was burned by the Lion Legions, and he had been traveling non-stop, taking only breaks at night. But now... his body was numb from the cold. He had torn off a strip of his cloak and wrapped it around his face to give it some protection from the chill. He looked around as he walked along the edge of said mountain, his feet sinking deep into the snow, up to nearly his knees, and he had to labor in order to drag a leg through it, and the exertion was tiring him badly. He leaned against the side of the cliff softly, hugging his arms around him... when he saw something up ahead.

His eyes filling with curiosity, he headed forward, a little further, and was able to make out a wooden door. Joy over riding the cold, he quickly ran and jumped at the door, throwing his weight against it. He was stopped dead in his tracks and he would have crashed to his knees, if it weren’t for the snow. He pounded his hand against it several times, shouting in exhaustion. And then he realized something that made him narrow his eyes… the door was meant to be pulled open. Haseo grumbled and took hold of the handle and pulled, moving snow away, dashing into the sufficient sized crack, and forced the door shut, blocking out the artic winds. He rested his head against the door, sighing, and pulling down the cloth he used as a sort of scarf mask. He however froze again. But this time... it was because he saw a light down a long cavern of the cave he had entered. His serpentine eyes caught the light and reflected them eerily and he slowly crept down that long cavern, his leather boots moving silently on the stone floors. He slowly knelt down and ran a hand over them. These are to smooth to be natural... someone carved them out.

“Quit skulking in the shadows,” A velvety voice arose from deep within, “Come out where we can see you, boy.” Haseo grimaced lightly, and then walked forward, head held high, looking as dignified as he could. When he stepped in, he saw several people... and not a singe one of them was an An’Gelus. There were several Dark Elves, their dark skin hiding them against the equally dark rocks. A couple of humans, albeit tall humans, gathered over a fire, and there was a single, pale skinned man. Haseo could not easily tell of what race he was, but after gazing and regarding him carefully, his race became unimportant… he was a vampire. And he was smirking down at the boy with silver eyes. He slowly took a step forward, his dark plate armor clanking softly with the movements and drawled, “Well hello, Freya." Haseo's eyebrows knit. Freya?

The vampire chuckled and stepped forward, but Haseo quickly had his hand on his scimitar. All of the people within the cavern chuckled, and the vampire held up his hands and said, "Now now, Freya, don't do that. I'm here to craft you a new sword." Haseo stared at the creature blankly for several long moments, then asked gruffly, "Do you think I'm an idiot?" Something wrapped it's arms around him from behind, and held him up in the air, causing him to growl as his arms were pinned to his sides. He turned a dark gaze at the green skinned, pig man. An Orc.

Just what I needed...

The Orc grinned at him, laughing loudly, his putrid breath washing over Haseo as the boy was granted a full view of his disgusting yellow teeth, one still covered in a bit of grime from his last feast. He looked back to the vampire and said in a haughty tone, "If you don't instruct your filthy mongrel to drop me, I'll carve out his bowels and feed them to him with his last breaths of air." The Orc growled, but the vampire said, "Do as he says... because he can do just what he threatened Merluz." The Orc dropped Haseo uncermoniasly. In a flash, Haseo had already jumped and brought a spinning foot across Merluz's face, knocking out one of his tusks as his face smacked against the wall. The Orc roared as he spun around, an axe drawn, "You little-" But was cut off by the vampire, who suddenly shouted, "Enough, Merluz! Leave this instant before I kill you!" Merluz looked astonished between the vampire and the boy, before stomping away, clad in only a pair of brown pants and bonemold (bonemold armor is a type of armor made from hollowed out bones of giant creatures on Alaylularanti, mostly worn by lowly mercenaries) boots, tossing himself into a chair a ways off. Haseo took this time to look around his surroundings.

It was actually a very large chamber, red banners hanging on the walls and draping from the high ceiling, which was actually tall enough for ten people standing on one another's heads to have room to stretch their arms up and only have a chance of brushing their fingertips along it. And it was all made from carved stone. There was a fireplace over in the corner, which was fifteen feet away from him, providing a nice warm glow in the otherwise gloomy chamber. And blue candles were lit all over, with blue glass in front of them, giving those parts they were at a blue tint. It's actually inviting and comfortable... if it weren't for all the mercenaries and the vampire. Haseo looked over behind the vampire, and saw another, smaller chamber behind him. This one looked to be a forgery for weapons and armor, several displayed on the walls. He turned his eyes back to the vampire, and slowly asked, "You said you were to craft me a new blade... why?" The vampire smiled softly and said, "I do as I am ordered Freya. And my master wishes for you to have a new blade, one that will befit you, Jack of Blades."

Haseo stared blankly again... then with a curt nod, he gave his answer, "Then do so." The vampire grinned and bowed asking, "And what would you like of this blade, Freya?" Haseo's eyes knit again. What's this Freya he keeps going on about?

"I do not want a longsword, nor a bastard sword. I wish for a blade of... skill... and grace. Something that can cut cleanly through a man, but still has good defensive capabilities... and nothing too cumbersome." The vampire chuckled behind his hand and said, "My my, what tastes, little Frey-" Haseo growled and snapped, "What is this Freya you keep calling me?!" The vampire looked truly shocked and asked, "You don't know of the prophecy, do you?" Haseo stared at the man, and slowly cocked his head to the side, his blood red hair falling across his face. The vampire stared as well, and turned, his demeanor suddenly changed and said curtly, "Give me three months, and I shall have your blade done." Haseo stared after the man, then asked, "And what shall I do for these three months?"

The vampire halted for a moment and, with a wave of his hand, gestured to a door, one of many, saying, "You shall stay there. You will be provided with nourishment when you need it, and are free to leave at any time. But should you leave, you will not get this blade." Haseo frowned, then gave another short nod, and headed to the room. He reached for the handle, but a green hand slamming on the stone next to him stopped him. "We'll settle up later, piss ant," Merluz hissed at him. Haseo shrugged. Under any other circumstances, he would have broken the Orc's wrist, but chose instead to allow him to be the first victim of his blade. He opened the wooden door and walked in. Inside, it was a miniature version of the large chamber. Same blue tinted candles, and same fireplace for warmth. Haseo idly wondered how are was allowed into the moutain hide away, but dismissed the though, and flopped into the bed, reaching over and taking one of the many books from the small shelf next to the bed, which was draped in silken sheets, red in color, with a golden crest of a wing and ornamental dragon. Haseo lay his head back on the black pillows, and slowly began to read. Tale of the Pauper and the Bard...
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:42 am

Chapter 7; Haseo no Haku

There was a slight rapping on the door. Haseo’s eyes slid from the ceiling to the door, and said curtly, “Enter.” Merluz pushed his way in, grunting, "Out here brat, now." A dagger was promptly planted beside his head in the door frame, the Orc's beady eyes wide, his large jaw twitching. "I'll be out in a moment Pig-man." Merluz growled and slammed the door shut on his way out, shaking several items in the room. Haseo slowly grinned. He was by no means racist. Hell he didn’t' know what race he belonged to, so he had no right to judge others on their race... He simply didn't like the arrogant ass.

Hopping up from the bed, he walked over to the door, and pulled his dagger from the wooden frame, putting it back in it's sheathe on his chest, and walked out to find the Vampire was already waiting. In his hands was a strange sword. It was almost like his schimitar, only... thinner. Haseo raised an eyebrow than looked at the man as if he were insane, "What am I supposed to do with that?” The Vampire grinned, and gave the sword a few good, long swipes in the air, the blade singing a long, mournful tune, to which Haseo raised an eyebrow. The Vampire flipped the blade, to hold it hilt first to Haseo, who regarded him icilly, before he reached out and took it in his hand. It was lighter than his scimitar, and he twirled it between his fingers, before holding it straight out. The blade was the purest white. Not a cold, steel color, but actual white. It seemed to be even whiter than the snow outside. But it also had several, glowing, blue runes running down the side of it, and the entire blade had an almost blue, electric current running inside of it, but was visible in the blade. Haseo looked up at the Vampire, who chuckled and said, "It's an enchanted katana. And this entire time you've been here Freya, you've yet to inquire my name... that is rather rude." Haseo was examining the blade more, and didn't even look up at him as he flipped the blade, "You knew my name without telling me yours, and the responsibility fell to you... not me." The Vampire chuckled and answered softly, eyes downward, “Yes… I suppose you’re right.” Before the Vampire could continue, Haseo looked up, his gaze cold, “What is it that you want of me for crafting this piece?” The Vampire chuckled again and said, “I told you, I was instructed to make it for you… the reasons why are a mystery even to myself.” Haseo’s eyes turned down and he nodded, before a sheath was held out to him. The sheath would fit and grip the katana nicely, while, it seemed, it would also provide as a sort of shield for defense, being made of metal. Only the metal was crafted to appear as a snake’s scaled body. Haseo slowly took it, but took interest at the end of it. It appeared different then the rest, but not visibly. Just in the way it felt. He slowly pulled at it, and, with a bit of force, pulled out a short dagger. He looked quickly to the Vampire who said, “Think of it as an ace up your sleeve.” Haseo slowly nodded, before sliding the dagger back in with a click, and slinging it onto his back, pulling the end for his sword through a hole in his crimson half cloak. But he kept the katana in his hand. The Vampire quirked an eyebrow at him.

“Orc, come here, I’m going to kill you.”

The words rang out in the cave, rooting all to their spots. The boy had seemed so sure of the statement, and the words absolute, as if there was no way it would happen in any other fashion. Merluz blinked several times with his beady dark eyes and said, “What?”

Haseo said with a light shrug, “I don’t like you and I need to test this new blade. Come here so I can kill you.” The Orc roared in rage, grabbing a huge battle axe and swinging it down at the boy. Haseo may have been strong, but he wasn’t foolish enough to think that he could block a down coming axe that was nearly as big as him. Especially when one was being swung by an angry Orc. He rolled to the side quickly, adjusting his body to the new sensation of having the katana’s sheath on his back and brought the katana to swing at the Orc’s face. Merluz grunted and moved his head to the side, avoiding the slice entirely before swinging his hand around to crack Haseo along the jaw, who flipped through the air, and landed on his feet, before pushing off quickly, and driving his katana into Merluz’s stomach. The Orc howled in rage, before bringing a huge fist down on top of the boy’s head, nearly forcing him to the ground. Haseo growled and, as black blood ran down his forehead, to which many of the people gaped at, he pushed up against the fist, making it raise, before his tongue shot out of his mouth, the tip hardening and thinning ever so slightly, and pierced the Orc’s throat. Merluz’s mouth opened and closed several times as he began to choke on the blood. Haseo’s tongue slowly slithered deeper into his throat, moving up. Everyone looked on with curious eyes, before someone screamed and they all jumped back, as his tongue burst from the top of the Orc’s head, bits of the green man’s brain flying about. The Vampire watched with fascination, however. Haseo’s tongue quickly drew back, and he ran it along his lips, before drawing it fully back into his mouth. He ripped the blade from the Orc’s body, and kicked it into the opposite wall as he sheathed the sword, and ended it with a click that rung in the silence. Haseo brought his crimson half cloak tighter around himself, and began to walk out. “It will do.”

The door slammed shut as he once again took off deep into the snowy maelstrom raging on the mountain.

Llarthar smirked, and began his telepathic relay to his master. It is done...
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:42 am

Chapter 8; Leaving for new shores

A boat slowly moved on it’s way to the eastern continents, filled with several passengers of many races. Dwarves keeping to themselves over in corners, talking over several trinkets they had found, Humans laughing and boasting of this or that, each section of Elves, with the exception of the An’Gelus, glaring at each other, Goblins bickering and trying to get people to buy their wares, Orcs sitting and drinking. But, over by himself, sat a boy, draped in a tattered, crimson, half cloak, his head bowed and face covered in the shadow of his hood, cross legged, and arms crossed as well, his lithe form covered in leather and many blades. One of the crewmen had immediately tried to deny the boy boarding to the ship, but he was quickly hit in the head by the captain when the boy presented gold. Little did they know that he was the Freya hunted by the Temple for execution.

Haseo sat, staring down at the boards of the ships deck, his hands on his arms. He was paler than usual, still recovering from the trip through that loathsome mountain. His eyes moved slowly to his new blade, that he had dubbed the Haseo no Haku. It was a cross between both Elvish and Human languages. It meant Haseo the White. He knew that another branch language of Human it would mean something else entirely, but he felt no need to change what he had already named it. Haseo’s serpentine eyes slowly moved. He had many thoughts in his head, reflecting on the past few years of his life. He thought to his first father figure. He was now beginning to feel regret for murdering the man. And then his thoughts moved to the family he had stayed with for years. They had died because of him. Haseo sighed, and, taking the Haseo no Haku from his back, he placed the end in his lap, while the other end rested along his shoulder, gripping the scabbard softly. It was a soft security to be holding it for some reason. He could feel the power lining it, pulsing even through the scabbard. But something darker lined it. Something that didn’t feel right.

“Oi, Laddie!”

Haseo looked up, slowly, keeping his hair in his face, to see a dwarf slowly waving him over. When he locked gaze with him, the dwarf nodded, “Aye, you!” Haseo stood, keeping his katana’s scabbard in his hand, but in a relaxed fashion. The dwarves were looking eagerly at him, and one immediately held up a tablet of stone, that had a picture carved in it. Haseo blinked. It looked exactly like him, but in heavy armor, with spikes… Haseo’s eyes darkened. No… those aren’t spikes… they’re bone…

He turned his eyes to the Dwarf and asked, his tone cool, “What is this?” The Dwarves all smiled widely behind their beards and said, “It’s a piece from a ruin we found. This land is… well… was home to a great race. They were called the Freylins-“ Haseo’s eyes widened softly as the Dwarf said this, thinking of the word, ‘Freya’- “They had, according to myth, serpentine eyes, like your own, pale skin, and extremely long tongues.” The Dwarf made a gesture to the seat next to him, which Haseo eagerly took, setting the Haseo no Haku along his lap. “They were powerful in magic and the greatest blademasters to have ever lived. They were also rumored to possess wings and tails, the more they had, the more power they possessed. They were always depicted as having crow wings and fox tails. They nearly resembled the An’Gelus entirely, but for their shorter ears and they also possessed hair of many different hues. Now, you have to tell us, are you one of them?” All of the Dwarves looked hopefully at the boy, but Haseo sighed, “I have no idea…” That was a lie. Every event leading up to this event, pointed to him being one of these Freyalins. Even the Vampire had called him the ‘Freya’. Haseo slowly raised his head and asked, “What is a Freya?” The Dwarves blinked and said, in hushed voices, as they looked over to the An’Gelus occupying the ship, “Not a Freya. The Freya. Supposedly, the Freyalins were killed off by the An’Gelus through trickery, whom they had been allies with. There is a prophecy that one would return, called the Freya. And he would do battle with the Desrega, hero of the An’Gelus. No one knows exactly what or who the Desrega is, but he was supposedly the one who dealt the final blow to the Freyalins. They fear the arrival of the Freya, for he would upset everything they had worked hard to gain.” One of the Dwarves suddenly cut in, “And that’s how you make the best rabbit stew!” Haseo stared at him blankly, but heard the creaking of wood, as someone left from behind them. He slowly glanced over his shoulder, to see the crewman from before, the one who had not wanted to let him aboard, walking in the opposite direction. The Dwarf leaned in, with a hearty laugh, “An’Gelus don’t like to be left out of things,” He shouted to the crewman, “Always be trying to steal the recipes passed down by our forefathers!” All of the Dwarves began to laugh, but Haseo was silent, his hand tight around the scabbard of the Haseo no Haku, his eyes growing sharp, as his slitted pupils thinned. He heard a whisper in the back of his mind, He knows too much… he shouldn’t be left… he will expose you… You should kill him… Go… now… kill him… make him silent… Haseo’s grip around the scabbard tightened.

“If you gentlemen will excuse me, I’m going to look for the Latrine.” The Dwarves nodded to him, and continued to fuss over several of the pieces of some archeological import. He silently slipped through the door that crewman had disappeared. As he shut the door, he crept silently through the room of wood, watching him. His back was turned to him, and he was slowly shifting through something. Haseo was unaware of the mists that began to fill the room, but the person noticed quickly. By the time he reacted, the mists were so thick, he couldn’t see. But Haseo could see. And his eyes were focused. He slowly drew a dagger as the man stumbled around, and, before he could utter a word, Haseo was upon his back, legs wrapped around his waist, hand covering his mouth, and the sharp edge of the dagger running quickly along his throat. The man began to gape for air, but Haseo, dropping his dagger to the ground, grabbed under his chin and the top of his head, twisting quickly. His neck snapped and Haseo let the body drop to the ground. It took him a moment to realize what he did, and, as he did realize, he stumbled back, looking at the body, blood now beginning to pool around his head. Haseo nearly screamed as he watched snakes slowly appear from no where and begin to devour the body. He covered his mouth, but in his mind he heard dark chuckling. He turned to look over his shoulder at the katana. It seemed to be pulsing more, like it was excited.

Haseo quickly gripped the hilt of the katana, and an electric pulse shot through his hand. But he couldn’t remove it, no matter how hard he tried. You’re mine now… boy…

Only then he could remove his hand, and he stared with wide serpentine eyes at the sword. No…
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:43 am

Chapter 9; Battle between Souls

Haseo stepped off the ship, paler than usual. He had been this way since the murder of the one crewman. Pale. Quiet. Barelly breathing. His very soul had seemed to have been extinguished, leaving a dull look to hang in his serpentine eyes. Even the Dwarves had noticed this, and their leader had shown concern for the boy, inviting him over during meal times. But still he was silent.

The shores of the Mage-Lords were barren things, of rock and desolation. He could even pick out skeletons of long dead creatures in the distance. He continued on his way however, not letting such a thing bother him. He stopped short when a hand rested on his shoulder, and he silently looked over at the Dwarf leader. "How boot ye come with us? There be strange things 'ere. Things that kill man an' elf with but a look."

Haseo looked over his shoulder with a deadness and said, "I don't need protection." His tone was empty. More barren than the desolation that now surrounded him. The Dwarf nodded and said, "Well... maybe ye don' boy. Maybe we do?" Haseo blinked for a moment, something stirring in him as he stared up at the Dwarf.

Another Father figure for you to kill boy? Oh, do go. You should...

Haseo wrenched away from the Dwarf, saying quickly, "I... I can't!" And then he ran. He ran and ran. He was fast, leaving the Dwarf's shout to die in the winds that raced in his ears now. Haseo heaved for breath, eyes nearly shutting as he tried to get as far away from them as possible. He couldn't. He just couldn't let them die as well. Tears brimmed the edges of his eyes. Monster..., the sword whispered in his mind, making his hands shoot up to grip the sides of his head, trying to cover his ears and block out the voice. But it only grew louder, and louder. His eyes snapped open. That wasn't the sword's voice in his head!

He stopped suddenly, as he ran into a robed figure, falling to his rump. He looked up with fear, and blinked for several moments.

Standing in front of him, was a High Elf. He stood tall, and proud. The High Elves had always been tall. And frightening to the boy, their peach skin like that of humans, only... different. They seemed to bare a glow about themselves. But this one had long, red hair that fell freely to the back of his knees, blowing in the slight breeze. The robe he wore, was strange. It had patterns upon it, and seemed to be made of a fine material. The patterns were of a wave-like design. Haseo looked up from his position on the ground, before scrambling up and drawing his scimitar. Or he would have.

He suddenly found he could no longer move, despite his efforts. Sweat trickled down his forehead and his teeth gritted, managing out a strained, "What... have... you... done to me?!" His voice nearly cracked, and a hate filled his eyes as the High Elf merelly chuckled, and asked, "Do you really think you could beat me, fiend? You're strong yes..." He began to walk around Haseo, regarding him with steeled eyes, before sneering, "But you have no power in magick fool. I should kill you where you stand." Haseo struggled more, and the very mists around them began to swirl. The High Elf's eyebrow twitched for just a moment, before the mists suddenly shot at him, bashing right against his chest, and sending him flying against a wall of rock. Haseo grinned. Until the High Elf merelly sunk right into the rocks.

Able to move again, Haseo stumbled forward, and began looking around, the scimitar now drawn. But the High Elf was no where to be found. Haseo's hood fell back as he looked and spun around, trying to find him. "SHOW YOURSELF DAMN YOU!!!," He suddenly shouted, gripping the scimitar with both hands. A noise behind him caused him to spin and swing in a long arch, there were sudden sparks and Haseo had to blink his eyes several times in order to see again. Then there was something cold along his throat. Haseo froze, feeling the dagger pressed solidly and firmly. He didn't even swallow, fearing that such a small action may result in his throat being cut as well. "Lower your weapon, child."

Haseo wanted to do something. Anything to get the Elf away from him. But he knew he was beaten. Slowly. He lowered his sword, and he realized the blade had been sliced neatly in half. Haseo felt his body slowly relax. A strange sense of calm filling him. Was this how it felt? Knowing that he was going to die with acceptance? "Turn around now."

He slowly moved, and found himself staring into the dark eyes of the Elf, and he couldn't help but sneer in his face, to which the Elf merelly chuckled and asked, "What's your name boy?" Haseo didn't reply for several seconds, but the steel seemed to grow colder against his neck, causing him to gasp. He answered quickly, "Haseo." The Elf nodded, then moved the dagger away, saying, "I am Sorgon. I sense some potential in you. I want to teach you some of my tricks." Haseo's eyes narrowed as he spat, "You really take me for a fool, don't you? First I've gotten a new cursed sword from a Vampire-"

"And his name was Llarthar."

Haseo blinked. How did he...? The very name itself made his head roll trying to prounounce it, the two L's throwing him off a little. He knew how it was pronounced, but couldn't make his mouth form the sounds. The Elf chuckled down at him, and Haseo suddenly looked up.

Sorgon blinked. For all the stories he had heard of the child, he realized, he was just that; A child. His eyes showed what remained of what was left of his shattered innocence. The childish stature. The size of the boy. The way his face was still shaped. He was nothing more... than a child. Sorgon frowned suddenly. Can... can I really send him to his death? For that bastard?

Haseo suddenly jumped at the Elf, who simply moved a hand, leaving Haseo frozen in the air, all the while shaking his head. "You're weapon is broken. What did you expect to do with that?" Haseo gritted his teeth and his pupils thinned dangerously, eyes flashing all the while. The Elf sighed and said, looking back at the katana resting on his back, "That's the blade Llarthar made for you, eh?" He took the broken scimitar from the boy's hand, the other broken piece floating up from the ground to rest in the same hand. Then, he took the Haseo no Haku from his back, drawing it from its scabbard. He examined both pieces, and then smirked up to Haseo. "Let's go boy." With another gesture of his hand, he had Haseo floating along behind him, unable to move.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 am

Chapter 10; Brother of Malice

“Where are you taking me?”

Again he asked. And again he received no answer. This was becoming increasingly frustrating, and the Elf, Sorgon, was no good company to have either. Stiff. Unresponsive. And rather cold as well. Something Haseo hated more than anything was being ignored, especially by someone who was impacting his life. Like the Elf was doing now by stealing him away from where they had met. “I asked you where are you taking me. I want an answer… and I want one this damned instant!,” Haseo said with a growing hatred for the man. The Elf suddenly spun, and caught him around the throat, tightly squeezing his windpipe between his fingers and thumb, cutting off all hopes of oxygen for the boy. He, however, refused to let the man see him flail about like an urchin, merely glaring up at him with serpentine eyes seething with hate, and lips pulled back in a snarl, exposing his glinting, pointed teeth.

The Elf smirked for a moment, before saying in a tone that was dull, “Be silent, boy. I have someone for you to meet again. Someone I doubt you will remember. And as to where am I taking you? Right here. This is where I am taking you.” And with that, he let go of Haseo’s throat, who suppressed a sudden coughing fit that tried to make its presence known to the world. The Elf began to draw patterns in the air, shining glyphs making their way into existence. Haseo watched, entranced by the snaking movements of the raw, chaotic magicks that swirled suddenly as the Elf thrust his hand against what Haseo thought was blank, empty air.

He was mistaken, he realized, as the sound of flesh hitting metal resounded through the air. Slowly, almost painfully, a large door began to… shimmer into existence. The door was made of what appeared to be iron, and had ornate carvings on it. Carvings that depicted snakes and foxes, swirling around a moon in the center. Haseo raised an eyebrow as the door began to open, creaking. The Elf stepped through the threshold, Haseo still floating behind him, following unwillingly into the Elf’s abode. The door shut behind him with a slam that echoed in the dark hallways. Haseo’s eyes didn’t need time to adjust to the darkness. He had discovered in the cave of the Vampire, that he could see quite well in the dark. The inside of what appeared to be a castle… was for lack of a better word… beautiful. Dark stone walls that had sconces of blue flame lining the walls, casting the dark room into an even more… strange sort of darkness. A light that was lined in darkness, he supposed it could be called. A long blue carpet lined the way from the entrance, up a long set of stairs, as well as splitting off to the sides to lead to other possible paths. But… something unsettled Haseo even more than all that. There was a boy. He wore the same style of strange robes as the Elf did, only where the Elf wore a cloth belt, the boy wore something akin to a thick rope around his waist, the color of azure. The color of his hair as well.

The boy… looked near identical to himself, but for the hair, which was not nearly as long as his. Well, it might have been in the boy hadn’t spiked it backwards. The length of his bangs was impressive, falling to nearly his chin, while the rest of his hair was spiked backwards, something akin to looking like an upswept flame, blowing back in the winds. Haseo inwardly snickered to himself.

Or a rooster

Haseo suddenly dropped to the ground, with a slight, “Oof!” He pushed himself up on his hands and looked at the Elf first, than the other boy. Standing, he walked over to him, and they both began to circle one another. Haseo noticed in his “belt” that he had a katana in the back, much like the Haseo no Haku, that the Elf now currently had in his possession, including the two fragmented pieces of his scimitar. His eyes wandered to the shards of the scimitar and softened for a moment.

“Who is this boy?,” the other boy asked, his face impassive, and his tone cold. Haseo looked over at him, his serpentine yellow eyes reflections of his own. Who are you…? It was the question that was shining in both of their inquisitive eyes. “His name is Haseo, Hatake. He is your brother.” Haseo’s and Hatake’s eyes both widened. “BROTHER?!” The shout rang through out the room, echoing up to the high ceiling, only to echo back down to them both. The Elf nodded, and gave them both sharp glares, “Brother. Just as your King of Blades-“ Haseo looked away at the mentioning of him- “found you, I found him. I was once the most powerful War-Wizard of the Court. I am now a mere hermit, trying to find his solitude from the world. From Kings, from Queens… from the Temple.” Haseo’s eyes perked up when the Elf said this. So the Temple is after him as well?

The Elf looked at both of the boys and said, “And it was not more than fifty feet from where the King of Blades found you, that I found Hatake. You were both from that swamp. And you’ve both been bitten by the snakes of Mist. The snakes… of Falzior.” While Hatake’s eyes widened, Haseo only cocked his head to the side and asked, “Who is Falzior?” Hatake looked at him like he was mad. “Humph, so my brother is a simpleton as well?” Haseo turned to growl at the other boy. Sorgon stepped forward and said, “Enough!” Hatake turned his eyes away, while Haseo turned his eyes to glare defiantly up at Sorgon. “Falzior is this world’s Devil. You two are Freyalins… the last in existence of that race. While there will be but one Freya, it has not been determined which of you is the Freya yet. And that answer may take centuries to find. But for now… both of you are now under my care, and protection.” Hatake turned to glare at Haseo, before he nodded to Sorgon, saying, “Just as long as the simpleton stays out of my way.” Haseo snarled at him, causing Hatake to smirk, “And a savage as well? My… you’ll never be able to learn anything…”

The glare from Sorgon silenced Hatake again, who simply turned and walked away, hands in his sleeves. Sorgon turned to look at Haseo who was shaking in fury, hands clenched tightly. “Now… about your sword…” This made him look up, though the anger was not yet gone. It still burned in the boy’s eyes. “It was cursed by the Vampire who made it. To fill you with blood lust. For what reason, I cannot say. However, using these-“ He held up his hand, the two pieces of Haseo’s scimitar floated into the air and began to circle his palm- “I can control it. Slightly. You must not choose to use the blood lust though. You will be going through rigorous training. And meditations daily with Hatake, to find a stillness in your mind. I will say this about Hatake; He may have that sword, but he is not good with it. I want you two to help each other grow stronger where the other is weak.” The Elf then held up the Haseo no Haku, and the scimitar pieces molded into it. He pricked his finger with the blade, then slid it back into it’s scabbard, holding it out to Haseo, who, after a moments hesitation, took the sword back. “We’re also doing something about those clothes….,” Sorgon said with a wrinkle of his nose.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:45 am

Chapter 11; Sibling Rivalry

Haseo collapsed onto the bed he had been given in Sargon's little hideaway, and let out a drawn out groan. Training with the sword had come easy to him, but this... this... MAGICK! It was infuriating. The constant focus, especially with that terrible man barking at him the entire time, even cracking him across the back with a pole every now and again, in an attempt to test his focus. "What's the matter?," came Hatake's calm and even voice. But there was so much sarcasm in that dead-pan tone that Haseo wanted to rip his tongue out and pull it through his ears so he wouldn't hear it. He looked longingly over to his katana and looked back over to Hatake, who was removing the top half of their strange uniforms forced upon them by Sorgon. And again... he heard the voice.

It would be so easy to..... And then the voice stopped. Looking over, Haseo raised an eyebrow and again Hatake spoke, "If you were hearing that thing's voice, it is stopped everytime it tries to force violence from you, though I don't see what needs to be forced by a barbarian like you." That was the final straw.

Leaping from the bead, he jumped at Hatake, who spun around, trying to make several hand gestures while muttering. Haseo's tongue shot out and smacked Hatake across the face, making him shout in surprise or disgust, maybe both. Diving in, Haseo launched a fist at Hatake's gut, but the blue haired boy simply caught his wrist and, side stepping, pulled him along, forcing Haseo to trip over his own momentum. Haseo rolled into a crouch and lept at his brother again, this time as he swung at his face, he stopped just short and suddenly fell to the ground, bringing a foot up to connect with his chin, launching him into the air, then giving chase as he leapt after him.

Hatake whirled around and planted his feet on the ceiling, his own serpentine eyes narrowing, and then shot off just as fast as Haseo could move. This was something entirelly new to the redhead. Someone who could keep up with him, move for move. Haseo growled and sped up a little more, his punches cracking hard against his brother's own, neither no longer attempting to parry, but rather meeting the other's punches with their own fists. Haseo ducked again, attempting to sweep out Hatake's legs, but the blue haired boy jumped and spun, heel kicking him across the face. Haseo spun through the air and landed on the floor, before Hatake jumped on him and wrapped his hands around his throat. Bringing his leg up, he kicked him in the back of his head... bad idea he realized, as that hurt his toes more than it did Hatake's head. Managed to get him off though. They both stood, glaring at eachother with hatred reserved for the most bitter of enemies.

"Are you two quite finished, or must I hang you both by your ankles?"

They looked over to see Sorgon standing there with a severe expression on his face.

Immediatelly, Hatake started to explain himself, while Haseo just 'harrumphed', crossed his arms, and turned his face away, refusing to look at either of them. "That little street urchin attacked me Sorgon, so I only defended myself-" Sorgon held up a hand, and Hatake silenced.

"When were you going to tell me about the part of provoking him? Or does 'barbarian' not mean anything to you?" Hatake opened and closed his mouth several times, before looking down, his face furious. "Both of you, bed now. Your training continues in the morning, earlier and without breakfast for this little incident." Haseo shrugged, as he was used to not eating, but Hatake turned a hateful glare upon him before getting into bed. Haseo smirked a little as he got into bed, blowing out his candle light. Maybe it was worth it to see that expression.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:46 am

Sub-Chapter 2: Haseo's pet and the reveal of strange allies

Haseo stood in front of the large, boiling furnace filled with lava. He turned to look at the constructs, all well over six feet tall standing near seven, working among the forges. Each was a suit of armor with glowing crystals in the center of their chests, their armor made to resemble bones, and their helms of horned skulls. Haseo, on the other hand, was currently wearing his white kimono, hands tucked into his sleeves, and watched as they worked tirellessly. While it was true these constructs were faster and stronger and much more deadly than his bandits, he did not take them out for the raids on the small villages he allowed to grow on his world. Only one one occasion did he do such, and it was but one of the Nazulmarael... there was nothing left to even pillage. So he left them here to guard. To exist as guards and laborers. Each suit of armor contained one of his unfortunate victims, and implanted in these victims were crystals that started in their stomachs, and extended outwards, through their backs and bellies, and as such, through their chest plates and back plates. The bodies only truly consisted of the torso and head, the rest was metal and sorcery. All were armed with blades.

Haseo looked over his shoulder, regard the guards of the factory's entrance. They were reptillian creatures, akin to the Sor'Gone (Read Bandits they are no more, for better clarification), when Haseo had foolishly believed that technology would triumph over his magicks and Mistavore. He had admitted his mistake and slew each and everyone of the Sor'Gone, but for Jon, whom he turned into a Prah, just like these two guards. They were really just much larger versions of the Sor'Gone with the glowing crystals growing from around their mandibles and their shoulders, and weilded three headed halberds, but for Jon, who weilded a spear that had bat-like wings aside its head. Yes, he only took his weaker creations into battle, and his symbolic creatures. With a smirk, he looked back to what the Nazulmaraelli were currently working upon for him.

In the center of a small pool of lava, was an egg, and one of the same crystals that had been forged by Haseo to create his charming little Prah and Nazulmaraelli was being smelted onto the egg. The egg was bluish purlpe in color.

"Remember... I want a female... don't keep it warmed for too long, or I would have stolen that egg for nothing." They listened without question. It was to be expected. They may have had their own individual personallities, so that they could think on their own, but they did not possess souls to give them the will to disobey him. They existed merelly to serve. They raised the egg farther above the heat, allowing it to cool, just barelly, but enough. Haseo grinned at the obedience.

"Erm... Boss?"

Haseo looked over his shoulder, and raised an eyebrow. He was in a rather good mood, so he even allowed a small smile to grace his features. "Yes, what is it?" The bandit shifted uncomfortably, and began, "It's been a long while since our last raid..." Haseo chuckled, raising a dismissive hand, and replied, "Then gather a raiding party and we'll-"

"Boss!"

Haseo's hand slowly lowered, and the bandit trembled as he turned to level a heavy lidded, cold stare upon him. "Speak quickly. I am in a rather pleasant mood, and I'd hate to see it ruined due to your FOOLISHNESS!" The bandit gulped and said quickly, "The humans have shorter life spans on our world. They grow up faster and die sooner... it's how they've adapted over the centuries... but... since it's been so long...... they've... they've multiplied enough to make... a small army." Haseo's eyes widened, and he quickly brushed past the trembling bandit. Leaping from the ground, his eight, black feathered wings burst from his back. Landing on a spire, he spied in the distance the small army the bandit had spoken of. Calvary, siege weapons, archers, and infantry. Haseo pondered for a moment if he should engage them himself, or allow many of his bandits to die fighting them. The humans did not posses fair armor, as they had when he had been first brought into the world. None but his minions poossessed any form of weaponry or armor that could be considered strong... well... beyond the bandits. The bandits only had simple armor and weapons.

"Got yourself in a bit of a mess... brother?"

Haseo slowly turned to glare at his brother, Hatake. He was in his Mistavore armor and blue cloak and his skeletal spikes were sticking out already prepared for battle. In his hand was his sheathed katana. Unlike Haseo, who fought with either one blade or two, Hatake fought with his scabbard and blade, but mostly magick channelled through the blade. Looking at that blade, he smirked, and let out a snort. "You still have that thing?" Hatake looked down at it for a moment, his eyes softening. "Of course I do, barbarian. It is after all, the only thing you gave me." Haseo chuckled at that. "And to think I used to knock you out for calling me that." The mists swirled for a moment around the two, and then wrapped around Haseo. Once they dispersed, he was left in his Mistavore armor as well, his tails sprouting, as did Hatake's. They looked to each other, and gave one another a nod, and Hatake also gave him a smile asking, "So... will I see this new blade you've gone on about?" Haseo grinned, and the mists swirled again, into his hand this time. Extending from it, was now a falchion style sword. The handle resembled many skulls stacked on one another, and the hand guard, which appeared to be skeletal fingers reaching from the hilt of the blade to the pommel, the pommel itself in a cube shape. the blade possesses an edge which is serrated near the bottom, and it curved like a scimitar, but was thick like a falchion, the blade blue on the back, while the further it came to the edge, it became darker in hue, and differently colored, now an angry glowing orange.

The orange part of the blade began to hiss and steam, and Hatake raised an eyebrow, and shook his head, stating the obvious, "You have too many weapons." Haseo grinned, and looked over to him and said, "It's more powerful than Salos Merune, though. And it makes wounds fester. Even a cut will eventually turn mortal if not treated." Hatake's eyes widened for a moment, then glared at his brother, "You and causing others pain." Haseo shrugged off the berration, when he looked up and saw an incoming rain of arrows. So many there were, that for a moment, the green sky looked black. Hatake and Haseo dashed forward, the mists wrapping around their heads and necks then, leaving them with Mistavore chain scarfs on their necks, and skull-like Mistavore tri-horned helms with glassteel goggle like eye holes. Haseo also drew Haseo no Haku, while Hatake's blade began to swirl with arcane proppelled winds. And then... they became whirling vortex's of flashing blades, sparking magicks, and swirling mists. Once they were done, only a score of arrows hit the courtyard of Haseo's Misty Fortress, the Fortress of Blades. The humans obviously didn't know what they were in for, nor what they were doing.

Horses in a mountainous terrain was foolish by any standards, so their calvary would be essentially ineffective. Haseo's calvary, on the contrary...

The gates to his fortress opened and his marauders, bandits mounted atop giant fox mounts charged out. The two brothers watched as the bandits and their ferocious mounts met the human calvary. Many of the humans were taken from their mounts by leaping foxes. Haseo watched in joy as the humans were torn into, while Hatake watched on with pity in his eyes. And then, with a slicing noise, the brothers then stood in the middle of the human ranks. Hatake swung his katana, whistling through the air, to slash the closest human across the face, his blade channeling fire through it to rend the man even more, while Haseo parried the thrust of a spear, cut through the shaft, the souls trapped in his sword screaming distantly, and met his attacker with a thrust of his own. As soon the blade entered, the woman fell back, trying to draw in breath as her chest ignited. The blade not only caused the wound to fester, but caused it to grow oil filled boils. The insane heat of the orange of his blade would ignite that oil, and the results... were not pretty. Even Haseo felt some disgust as he saw it. But he was already meeting his next opponet, blow for blow.

It was many hours later that the brothers were standing back in the courtyard, tired from the fighting. The humans had indeed put on quite a fight, but they were no match for the might of both brothers and for Haseo's wily bandits and their mounts. But Haseo did not celebrate, instead taking his brother to the factory, where his loyal Nuzalmaraelli had not stopped their work on the egg. Haseo gestured Hatake back, and stood close as the constructs brought the egg out and into a cushioned container that looked to be a sphere cut in half. Haseo leaned in close as the egg began to crack, and his grin was wide. Hatake let a smile trace itself over his features as he saw a child-like light come into his brother's eyes.

And slowly, the creature in the egg pushed out enough to be seen. It was a little, baby dragon. A mist dragon, with the crystal fragments at parts where horns or spinal spikes would be. Hatake leaned in too, and they both marvelled at its shining, blue black skin, and purple webbing of its wings. It was gorgeous in the two brothers' eyes.

"I hope you two are enjoying that sight, in your despicable fortress, in this False Realm," Came a snarling voice from behind them, making both turn to look. Standing there, was a woman, and in her hands was a sword with a golden blade that was shaped like a feather. It had no real guard to speak of, and its handle was decorated with many red, gleaming jewels. She finished and charged at them, "BECAUSE IT IS THE LAST YOU WILL SEE, DEMONS!" Her sword was held high. The baby dragon had an intake of breath and sneezed. Unfortunatelly, when a baby dragon does that, there is flames. And this baby dragon was not tiny, oh no. It was as big as Haseo's torso. The flames shot from its nostrils and mouth, smacking into the woman's face. She quickly dropped her sword, and began running around, waving her arms, trying to put the flames out from her hair. A Nuzalmarael picked her up and tossed the would be hero into the vat of lava. Her screams were no more. "Haseo, how do you think she got in? ... Has?"

"AWWWW, YOU'RE SO ADORABLE, YES YOU ARE! I'MMA NAME YOU LULU, AND WE'LL BE BESTEST FRIENDS! AND LULU WON'T LEAVE ME TO GO LIVE IN THE ICKY OLD MOUNTAINS, NO SHE WON'T!!"

Hatake sighed, shook his head, and walked away. But not before he picked up the sword. It took him a moment to remember it. He had seen it before, such a long time ago. Engraved on its blade were four words in the Old Tongue-

Blade of the Protector
That was why she could do nothing against Haseo or he. She was using the Blade of Love in anger, not defense of someone precious. The gods did not smile upon misuse of their tools. And when they did not smile, strange miracles happened. Hatake smiled at the blade, and left to his chambers. And to his Mr Fluffums... whom he'd probably have to roll out of the way, the fat lazy cat.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:47 am

Chapter 11

Haseo stared at his brother, Hatake, and Hatake stared back at him, each having their katanas in hand, and their free hands crackling with magick.

"Hata..."

"You know it has to be this way, Has", the other Freyalin smiled lightly at his twin. "You have to be defeated."

Haseo's teeth clenched and he felt his heart wrench, and looked deep into his twin brother's eyes. They each stood silent, thinking over those words for several moments, a bead of sweat slowly rolling down Haseo's forehead, while Hatake stared cooly at him with half lidded eyes. "Nothing I can say to make you change your mind, Hata?" The azure cloaked twin slowly shook his head, muttering, "Nothing." Haseo slowly lowered his head, eyes sliding closed. "Heh... I didn't think so. If that's the way you must play... then so be it." Haseo looked up with a grim determination in his eyes and said, "Do your worst."

"Knight! Take his king!" The knight on the giant chessboard did just that, and with that, Haseo lost. They'd been playing magick game of giant chess.

"Check and mate." Haseo jumped into the air with a shout, "DAMN YOU!!!!!" Hatake began laughing and said, "You cannot beat me in chess! How many times do I have to teach you this lesson, dear brother?" Haseo stomped his foot and declared, "I hate this game! You cheat." Haseo narrowed his eyes in accusation while Hatake rolled his eyes and said, "Or maybe you're just horrible at this game?" It had been several months since Haseo had come to live with Sorgon and Hatake, and the twins had slowly begun to develop into a form of brotherly love, Hatake helping Haseo master magick, while Haseo taught Hatake the finer points of sword play, and how not to use wrote responses to everything. But still Haseo could not master this vile game that Sorgon insisted they play. Hatake beat him at every match, and the only reason Haseo won the one time, was for Sorgon's help.

And his help involved telling him each and every move after hitting him with his wooden sword.

Haseo let a long sigh out and looked over at his brother, who stood in the azure blue cloak that Haseo demanded he wear when training with him. If Haseo had to be humiliated by wearing those... 'kimonos' then Hatake would be humiliated by wearing the choice garments of his brother...

Unfortunatelly, Hatake had taken to liking the leather armor and azure half cloak. Haseo grumbled and hopped off the board, sheathing his katana as he did so and shouted over his shoulder, "When do you think that bastard is going to let us out on our own?" Hatake chuckled as he walked up beside Haseo, folding his hands behind his back and said, in a bored tone, though not as condencending as it once was, "Well, we're not ready to be on our own." Hatake jumped a little as his crimson cloaked brother cackled and exclaimed, "Not ready?! I've been on my own for years!" Haseo quieted suddenly as a golden hand set itself on his shoulder and shivered, turning to glare up at Sorgon and growled out through clenched teeth, "I hate it when you do that."

Sorgon shrugged and set his other hand upon Hatake's shoulder and began to lead them away without a word, the brothers giving each other looks, the same question on both of their minds. What was wrong? Haseo didn't so much care about what was wrong with the man, as much as he cared about what he wanted. Hatake, however, was very concerned with the person who was his father figure.

"Sorgon.. are you, alright?", Hatake asked cautiously. Sorgon turned to look at him with a look that could freeze a fire, and the azure haired boy looked away, while Haseo growled, "Hey, don't be such an ass, he was just-" Sorgon stopped in front of his doors, and shoved them both through it, to the outside world, before slamming them shut. Haseo and Hatake stood still and stared very blankly at them, before Hatake started shouting and threw himself against the wall. "Sorgon! Sorgon, please!? What did I do wrong?!?" Haseo snorted at him and gave a vicious glare at where the doors were quickly fading. "You didn't do anything idiot." He turned and began to stalk away, "He's just a bastard is all."

Haseo fell to the ground and felt his chin smack on a stone as Hatake tackled him from behind. He snarled at the pain and twisted, punching his brother across the face, while the azure haired boy wrapped his hands around Haseo's throat. "Take it back!", Hatake screamed at him. Haseo snarled and brought a knee up between the other boy's legs. Hatake gave a short shout of pain before falling to the side, and it was Haseo's turn to be over his brother.

But it was a dagger he held at Hatake's throat, and his brother stiffened. "Don't. Ever. Do that. Aagain, Hata. It's not my damn fault." The two sets of serpentine eyes glared into each other, neither one letting up from their heavy glares. Until simultaneously, they both looked away and sighed. Haseo pulled away and put the dagger back into its sheath, holding a hand out for Hatake. The other Freyalin took it after a moment, and was hefted up by his brother. "Let's get the hell out of here", Hatake said, using language that Haseo had never heard from him. Haseo looked around the rocky shore of the island. It had been a very long time since he'd been out of that place, and was finally happy to have a sense of freedom again.

Hatake on the other hand, looked at this place with fear. It was one of the few times he'd ever been out, and now, he was seemingly shut out by his father. His teeth gnashed in his mouth for a moment as he had that thought run through his head. Some father. "Why would he do that, Haseo?"

Haseo sighed and let his blood red hair fall in front of his face, before giving a side long glance to Hatake. "Probably the same reason my surrogant father tried to kill me." Hatake looked at Haseo, who simply shrugged and began to walk away. Hatake followed his brother, not knowing what else to do.

The trip was rather silent, with nothing but the sounds of the rolling sea to accompany them, and the smell of the sea air. For Haseo, it was something he'd grown used to over the years, but for Hatake, it was a learning experience about his brother. He was being volatile, nor acting like a bafoon. He'd seemed to have transformed into a being of serenity, focus, and a single thought. And that was to walk. His eyes were firmly forward, and his movements steady and practiced. A completelly new side to Haseo that he'd never seen before. A cool mastery of everything around him, a grace and mannerism of owning everything. And compared to himself, Haseo did own everything in this strange world. "Has?"

"Yeah, Hata?"

"You're weird."

"Yeah Hata... and you smell funny."

Hatake smiled as his brother gave one of his usual feral grins. Hatake noticed that Haseo always seemed to tilt his head forward and let his hair partially fall into his face when he grinned, and made to sure to express as many teeth as possible. Probably thought it was intimidating. He got a mental image of him doing that with some food stuck between his teeth, and resisted the urge to chuckle. Hatake always took note to never show off his too revealing Freyalin characteristics, even though he'd only been with Sorgon. He'd been told the general people of this planet would not like it. "Haseo," Hatake began, "Why is it... that you were never serious around Sorgon and always acting stupid or like an idiot... but out here you're... well..."

"Different?"

Hatake nodded. That was the word he'd been looking forward. He watched as Haseo's shoulders slumped a little, and winced at his answer.

"The wilderness and roads have become like my mother and father. They're all I've had for the longest time..."

Hatake didn't know what to say to that, so simply chose to remain silent. He watched the rolling waves as they walked, their boots making a sloshing sound as Haseo deviated their path near the water. Hatake traced along the closest upcropping of rocks. It looked almost like a birds beak, and he smiled lightly at the feel of the sun hitting his face. He'd never felt it for very long, and had to admit it was rather pleasant. He stopped adruptly as he ran into Haseo and gave him a weird look. Haseo was staring at a group of dwarves ahead of them, and the dwarves at them. It was a tense moment, and Hatake almost reached for his sword, when the dwarves suddenly cheered at Haseo. "Lad! It's been a long time! Where've ya been, boy?" Hatake looked at Haseo, who's face seemed to be in an expression of shock, and his eyes wide. "'Ey, look lads! 'Ees got a girl with him!" Hatake sighed and his eyes drooped. 'Great...'
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:48 am

Several hours later, and many stories later, Haseo sat with the group of dwarves, Hatake never straying far from his side. Such a chance meeting had nearly caused the Freyalins to die, Haseo more so than Hatake. The dwarves had insisted on taking them to their leader, Bargar Stoutfoot, who was the dwarf the red haired boy had met on the ship, in what seemed an eternity ago.

The dwarf, with a long red beard that had many beads and braids in it, jumped between them both, showing them this and that from the Dwarves latest finds on the race of Freyalins. They were situated in an old ruin, one that had apparently belonged to the twins' anscestors. The first thing that Haseo had immediately noted about it, was the Freyalins affinity for natural caves being widened, reinforced, and furnished in ways to make it last in manners that would seem to be forever, much like the Dwarves.

Hatake, however, noticed immediately the apparent dead zone of magick, compared to what he'd been told of the Freyalins affiliation with magick being a very strong bond, shared by one and all of the race. But there wasn't even the faintest traces of magick here. When he'd expressed these concerns to Bargar, the dwarf had merely responded that they weren't even in what would have been considered the greeting chamber yet. Haseo noted Hatake's doubting look with a light smile and shrugged at his brother, before turning back to watching many of the dwarves hauling items around. He was becoming quickly fascinated at how hard they worked and how it was in complete unity that they handled their tasks, while the ones who had time to take a break were taking their breaks to whole new levels; stretched out across stones, watching the water, laughing, drinking, and generally just enjoying themselves.

"How do you get away with this? I'm sure the Temple would have you all executed for this." That caught Haseo's attention, drawing him back to the two people closest to him. He was curious about that little fact as well, and leaned back in the fine wooden chair he was in, watching the dwarf shift uncomfortably.

"Well... that's the thing of it.... We don' really have any permission from the Temple. That's why we been gettin' to the lands that's not fer recognizing the Temple's authority." Haseo smirked and leaned further back into his chair, liking this already, while Hatake only shifted uncomfortably. Haseo glanced over at this blue haired brother, and wondered for a moment how he could even be related to the guy. He wasn't exactly adventurous, and the moment he was out of his element, Hatake had lost all sense of confidence, cool headed remarks, and everything else Haseo had come to know him as.

Then again, he was acting quite a bit different than he did when he was in with Sorgon.

"And why are you so interested?" Hatake didn't seem to mind asking questions constantly, but Haseo didn't exactly go out of his way to stop him. It was a way for the red haired boy to gain information as well. The dwarf gave Hatake a sigh, and leaned forward, setting his horned helm on the table in front of him. "Have ye ever really wanted something, lad? Something to have and call yer own?" Hatake only gave the fiery bearded dwarf a quizzitive look. "I... I'm not sure I know what you mean."

The dwarf sighed again and continued, "We been tryin' to find all we could about these Freyalins. They're fer sure the answer to some of our prayers. The weapons that they wielded been like none others ever made. But no one's fer knowin' just where they were gettin 'em. We be aimin' to find out where, whether they were makin' them themselves, or if they were gettin' them from somewhere else. These weapons could have been gifts from the Old Gods themselves... or even the First." Haseo's interest had been peaked at the mention of weapons, paying no nevermind to anything else said. Hatake, however, was more focused on that last part, his gaze darkening. "Why would you want anything to do with the First?" Bargar scunched up his nose, and looked ready to respond, when several joyous shouts from down the digging hall made all three jump. Not because of the joy, but because they quickly turned into shouts of battle. Bargar, immediately scooping up his helm and hammer. Haseo and Hatake weren't so quick to move, but once they did, they raced past the dwarf, who only gave a grunt of displeasure as he forced his short legs to drive him faster. What they arrived upon left them slack jawed. The other dwarves, already in battle formations, were facing off against insect-like monsters that were emerging from the large, open stone doors.

Now it was Haseo, first to react, leaping into the fray with great bounding leaps, his katana already drawn. Bargar rushed to his men to strengthen the wall of dwarves, while Hatake began waving his hands and chanting for a spell.

Haseo, in the very middle of the swarming creatures, noticed first off that they weren't simple giant insects. Insectoids may have been a better description for them. All of them resembled beatles, but while some crawled along, partial insect, partial man with short arms, others walked on two feet and swung their large pincers like clubs at the dwarves, bashing the stout invaders of their claimed home. But the ones immediately surrounding him brought those pincers to bare on him. Haseo deftly sidestepped an incoming pincer and ran up the arm, stabbing his enchanted blade deep into the carapace, though it gave him a rough time of it, and drug the blade up along the arm as he ran it, straight to the horned head. He'd planned to behead the creature as he reached its shoulder, but the moment he did, he was batted away by a horn, landing in the group of dwarves who were fairing little better against the assault by the beatle men.

Until Hatake's spell was finished.

The devastating wave of arcane energy washed over the insectoids, knocking them back with horrible screeches, and gave the dwarves and Haseo a path to attack their exposed, squirming undersides.Another spell ripped through the beatlemen ranks, causing more shrieks to follow. Haseo shouted out, "What the hell are these?!" Bargar, smashing his hammer into the head of a fallen beatleman, causing the green... whatever the hell that was to spill across the floor, shouted back, "Lar'tar! Old enemies of the An'Gelus and Freyalins! Remember," he had to cut off with a grunt as he charged against one of them, pushing it back and bashed it with his hammer twice, "When I told you that the Freyalins and An'Gelus were allied? Well, this is what they had to ally against!" As he raised his hammer to finish off one of the Lar'tar, he blinked in surprise as a red streak shot over his head and slammed into the creature, a katana's blade suddenly driven deep into its head. "Well that clears a lot up... so why would they be here?"

Hatake suddenly roared as he unleashed a Hellstorm, a magickal container of swirling fire that sucked all air from within it, to the two, "Maybe this should wait until all the things trying to kill us are gone?!" Bargar laughed at that, while Haseo simply busied himself with casting his own, albiet less devastating, spells.

Many hours later, they all sat exhausted and worn, panting and tending to the injured of the group, surrounded by the bodies of the slain Lar'tar, and with a dwarven corpse or two laying about. To say that the dwarves were infuriated that their fellows had been slain was to make an understatement that would prompt a nice fist in the face. Bargar was currently stitching a cut on Haseo's forehead from a beatle's spiked carapace, and Hatake was sorting through the dwarves, using his limited knowledge on healing spells to help them. But not a single person was ungrateful for the Paladin amongst them. A strong-armed, and stronger faithed man than Haseo had ever seen. At least one with compassion, the Temple soldiers would have surely given him a run for his money in the strong faith department.

"Yer sure ye'd rather have the stitches lad?", Alegum asked, again for the hundredth time, and Haseo merely responded with a smile. "I doubt I'd need even those, but Bargar's insisting." Bargar simply sighed and wiped the black blood away from the pale skin, marvelling that a pale body could hold something so dark. Haseo and Hatake would only reply with shrugs. Haseo cast a worried glance to his brother. This had been his first battle, and they had only recently been gone from what he'd known as his whole life in the sanctuary of Sorgon. He was acting as though it didn't even effect him, but Haseo knew better. He recognized that look in his serpentine eyes as one he'd had in his own many times before, after the battle lusting had subsided. As soon as Bargar's declaration that the stitching was done, Haseo made a bee-line for Hatake, who immediately moved off, as if looking through the corpses. It only agitated the red haired boy that his blue haired counterpart would purposely try to avoid him.

"Hey, knock it off."

Hatake immediately looked up with one of his famous passive looks, as if he had no idea what Haseo was talking about with that simple statement. "What do you mean?" Haseo frowned and punched him in the face, prompting a look of shock to cross Hatake's face, but it lasted only a moment before he leaped at Haseo's throat with hands held in a clawed manner. The two brother's crashed to the ground, and began wrestling around on it, vying for dominance in the mess of the Lar'tar gore. The dwarves shouted at the two in shock, but rather than doing anything (knowing full well the problems solved by fights) they stayed back and simply watched as the two struggled. Haseo was obviously the physically stronger of the two, but Hatake moved in more intricate and disabling moves than his brother, finding ways to work around his brother's aggressiveness and lock onto him in ways that prevented him from being able to score a solid hit.

Finally, reaching a stalemate, the two rolled away from each other, and circled, glaring. Hatake uncharacteristically took the next move, dashing at Haseo and swinging several times on his brother, punching him in the mouth, and several times in the stomach, doubling him over, before grabbing him by the hair and throwing him into a corpse. Hatake stared in shock as he beat on his brother, falling back a little as Haseo stood, looking a bloody red wraith. And the next thing that happened shocked him.

"Feel better now?" The question was so simple and no longer held any of Haseo's natural aggressiveness. Hatake blinked several times, and then let his shoulders sag. "No. Not since you were letting me beat you." Haseo suddenly laughed and winked with a flamboyant bow, "Well brother, you wouldn't win if I didn't let you. You're horrible at hand to hand, I'm afraid to say." Hatake gave a short laugh, and shook his head at his brother, who moved back off with the dwarves. Bargar smiled at the two. The blue haired Hatake most definitely reminded him like the typical stuck up elf, but only to a point, having his moments when he seemed almost human. Haseo, however... well the red haired boy was definitely something to think about. There were times where he acted completely mature and knowledgable... others... well... he reminded him of a dwarf, hot headed and quick to anger, and even quicker to pick a fight, that he more often than not won it seemed.

Bargar just sighed at the silent agreement between the two and stroked his beard, watching them carefully, before duty took over. "Haul 'em out, lads! We be goin' in after them bastards who killed our kin!" Not a single cry of objection arose.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:51 am

Chapter 13

Five years later...

The city of Cerul was a coastal city along the eastern edge of the Mushroom Forest, north of the ancient Mountains. The Mushroom Forest was the second largest of the provinces of Alulaylaranti, the first being, of course, the Southern Swamps. Cerul also happened to be one of the most dangerous Cities in all of Alulaylaranti, filled with thieves, thugs, and assassins. Escape from one danger and turn a corner, just to find yourself faced with another danger, sometimes greater than the one you ran from. A tavern within the city, called The Red Dagger, was the one place in the city that anyone could turn to to hire anyone. A person could find thieves for hire. Guards for hire. Killers for hire.

And a pair of pale skinned, odd dressed twins for hire...

A short man slowly pushed his way into the quiet Red Dagger. The tavern was always quiet, and always dark. Everyone spoke in hushed, secretive tones, and no one made eye contact with anyone else. Usually it resulted with a few daggers growing red from blood. The man, a human, kept his eyes downwards always, heading straight to the bar. The human gingerly leaned against it, flanked on either side by dangerous looking figures, one a heavily armored Orc and the other a deadly looking Dark Elf. "Something I can get you, pal?", a womanly voice asked. The human dared a look up and set his eyes on the Dark Elf proprietor. She was a scantily clad, seductive looking woman. Her clothing consisted of a leather corset that dipped lowly between her breasts, while she also wore a pair of leather pants that had several holes up the length.

He didn't miss the scimitar hanging from her belt. While this was one of the most dangerous taverns to talk out of turn in, it was, in all actuality, the safest place for someone avoiding the Royal Guard... or even the Temple. The man swallowed quickly, making the woman smile coyly and lean forward on the bar, exposing her already exposed cleavage closer. She knew that men who thought with what was in their pants talked with their wallet more often than not.

"I'm, uh, I'm Barek Tilliman-" The dark elf patron leaned over and set an arm around Barek with a wide, glinting grin, and said darkly, "Watch how you talk to my daughter boy. She don't need no human courting her." Barek paled more than he already was and suddenly said, rather loudly, "No! I didn't come here for that! I'm looking for-" He was cut off again as the woman moved forward and grabbed his collar, pulling him close and away from her apparent 'father' and curled her lip, "Just spit it out... and be quiet about it, you're bringing unnessecary attention to yourself." Barek looked over his shoulders with wide eyes and saw that quite a few, very unfriendly looking, faces had turned towards him. He managed a weak and shaking smile, before turning back and asking, in a much quieter tone, "I'm looking for a couple of guys to take care of some problems." The woman, smiling even wider, let go and leaned back, setting her hand on the bar-top. "Ahh... And what kind of problems are these, Mr. Tilliman? We've got a few crafters, a few traders, a few smooth talkers... and a few killers around for hire."

Barek coughed suddenly and ducked his head, making the orc and two dark elves chuckle even more, finding the man entertaining, as he nearly whispered in an over dramatic way. The man leaned forward and put his hand over his mouth, and said, tripping over his words, "Ki-kil...kil.... the last ones." The orc couldn't help but set his forehead on the bartop and start to guffaw loudly at the man's absolute eccentricities for something that the people in this particular tavern dealt with all the time. The next words stopped the laugh though, and only made the orc, and even the two dark elves, grow somber and serious.

"But I want the twins."

The woman gave a small whistle, and took a bottle of whiskey out from under the bar as well as a shot glass and poured a shot, sliding it to the man, saying, "The drink's free. They're over in the corner. But enjoy that drink. Say something wrong, and it might be your last." The human whimpered and grabbed the shot glass and downed it quickly, before turning and looking at each corner respectively. The one that grabbed his attention the most, was a little more secluded compared to the others as well as missing the oily smoke that seemd to hover over every other table. Not because of the way the tavern was built, no. But because many of the tables had been scooted a fair distance away, and there were only two figures sitting at that corner, both seemingly staring at the table as though it would suddenly start talking. He was careful to observe them before he approached, staying by the- what he thought- was the safer part of the tavern. One of them wore a tattered half cloak, crimson in color, as well as some mismatched armor underneath. On his arms were a set of metal vambraces whose elbow pieces were longer than nessecary, with skulls carved onto them, and what looked to be a deep red, metal chest-plate, the spaulders in-laid with a few dark green gems. His greaves were simple leather armor, while his boots were leather reinforced with some red metal, and the tops were lined with tan, short, scraggly fur. His features were hidden beneath his crimson hood.

The other one wore a blue half cloak, a little more taken care of than the other's. His armor was of a more simple design, and it looked to be a dark elven made chain-mesh suit. The Dark Elves chain-mesh suits were reknowned for their durability, as well as the silence that they could provide when moving. His boots were long, dark and made of leather like his counterpart's, but again seemed much cleaner and more refined. Above one of his hands, suspended in the air was a ball of flame. That simple gesture could be percieved as either being ready for an attack, or simple practicing of control and stamina. Both of the pair were armed with katanas, though the blue themed one's katana was set on his lower back and left to hang, while the other wore his katana on his back. Barek swallowed slowly, and began what felt like a long walk to the two.

-----------

Haseo kept his face down as he walked through Cerul, keeping his job in mind. He and his brother had been hired deal with a couple of thugs that kept hassling the Tilliman person. Apparently, Barek had been trying to start up his own trading stand. Unfortunately, it was on the territory of one of the more... reckless gangs. Haseo curled his lip as he thought of the particular gang. In his opinion, it wasn't anything but a bunch of kids, younger than even he and Hatake, trying to make their mark. Of course, he couldn't say much. He and Hatake had stormed onto the scene after coming back from the Broken Islands just a few years ago. After their first job, which involved taking out a councilman without getting spotted, the two had become one of the highest paid mercenaries in the region. They'd had to leave Bargar's expedition after they had gone into the Freyalin ruin. The sheer amount of those bug monsters had so greatly discouraged the dwarves, no easy feat, that they had simply opted to reseal the ruin. Bargar had sent the two off to make something of themselves, saying they couldn't gain much by staying with the group of dwarves. The dwarf had paid for their passage to Cerul, and there the boys had flourished. At least Haseo had. He was willing to take some of the most cruel and dangerous jobs, while Hatake usually played the role of body guard.

The first thing that the teen had learned to do was keep his hood up nearly constantly, and when it was down to make sure that a simple masking spell was cast on his eyes so that they no longer appeared as a serpent's. Hatake was able to unconciously keep the spell up at all times, so he rarely had his hood on. Haseo, however, didn't have as much of a mind for magick as his more talented brother. Haseo's skill was with the blade, and getting into places most didn't want him, and then getting out before anyone noticed him. Haseo was brought out of his thoughts as he bumped into someone, a rather large An'Gelus that turned and grabbed him by the arm suddenly, growling, "Watch where you're walking bastard!" Haseo's eyes slid to the hand that was gripping his arm tightly, and moved even more slowly to the An'Gelus' face, hissing out, "Get the fuck off of my arm." The An'Gelus just squeezed tighter and moved into Haseo's face, sneering, "Or what you piece of shit?" Haseo didn't take his eyes off of the man's, but shot his head forward, forehead connecting with the An'Gelus' nose and crushing it, before he darted towards him, shoulder tackling him into a wall as a crowd began to form. The Freyalin reached out and relieved the man's cutlass from its sheath at his side, before thrusting it out and into the man's chest, pinning him to the wall. The An'Gelus looked down at the sword in his chest in shock, blood beginning to run down his chest. He screamed as the shock wore off, blood beginning to trickle down from the corners of his mouth. The guards arrived a moment afterwards... only to find that Haseo had disappeared.

The Freyalin watched the small commotion from a distance away, hiding in an alley and keeping his fingers tightly closed into a fist. He and Hatake had grown talons the year prior, and Hatake had deduced that they'd have to be very careful of where they were the next few years. He had drawn the conclusion that the two would continue to go through metamophasises as they went through their adolescent years, and would likely stop around the time they stopped maturing at around twenty seven. Now that he thought about it, he realized he'd have to stop by the local alchemist to pick up another soothing balm for Hatake and himself. Over the past few weeks, Haseo's tailbone and Hatake's shoulderblades had begun to grow very sore. Haseo mentally began to berrate himself. He kept letting his thoughts side-track him, and Haseo couldn't afford to become distracted in the sprawling, over-crowded labyrinth of a city. Taking a look around, Haseo realized he'd have to go over the roof-tops to get where he'd need to be. Sighing, Haseo moved quietly to a low pipe that connected two... He wasn't even sure if they could be called houses. He was a bit of a country boy. He wasn't used to having houses stacked so tightly on one another and together.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Haseo Tue Oct 14, 2008 4:52 am

The Freyalin winced as he closed his hands around the warm pipe, worried for a moment that it would burn him. After a few seconds, he reassured himself that there was no danger and began to swing his feet back and forth, before flipping himself up and crouching on the top of the pipe. The Freyalin looked up and saw a great deal of pipes, a maze of its own and grinned widely, pulling back his crimson hood. He had pulled his hair back into a tight ponytail, not leaving any strands to hang in his face for once. He wanted to see for this mission, and he didn't need his hair falling in his face and blocking his view. Granted he had the trained senses that came with a constant life of paranoia and fighting, but that didn't mean a stray clump of hair couldn't mess up the aim of a slashing blade.

Haseo's muscles in his legs coiled as he crouched tightly, before he launched himself upwards catching the next pipe, twisting on that and using his momentum to launch himself up again. The Freyalin turned a full cart-wheel in the air and caught ahold of the next pipe and repeating the motion, and attempted to repeat it again, but nearly missed his handhold this time. It didn't deter the teen though, who only laughed softly, enjoying the near free-fall through the air. Pulling himself up the final few feet, Haseo quickly climbed onto the roof-top, and looked up to the sky with a contented sigh, having fully enjoyed the thrill, before he looked forward, towards the rows of buildings in front of him. His full grin never left his face, even as he took off at a full run and jumped across the small gap to the next roof, not taking a break and jumping the next few buildings before skidding to a stop just at the edge of his destination.

Looking down into the alley, Haseo could see a few of the thugs already waiting. The dim world of Alulaylaranti though kept him hidden from them. Their eyes could not pierce the mists as easily as his. The Freyalin slowly crawled to the very edge of the building and inhaled deeply, closing his eyes, and exhaled. As he exhaled, his body broke away into mists that creeped down along the edge of the building, melting in with the rest of the mists that covered the alley, before the mists he had become curled in and partially solidified behidn a few broken crates, leaving the Freyalin most transculent. Haseo curled his fingers around the edge one of the crates and peeked around at his targets. They were just what he'd thought. A bunch of youngsters, shoving and pushing at each other, having some sort of contest over dominance. Haseo rolled his eyes gently, and reached behind him, beneath his crimson half-cloak. The object he drew was what looked like just rectangle metal box, long and thin, about the length of his torso, with cresent shapes on each end. He didn't move yet though, listening to their conversation as he counted their number. Seven. His lucky number.

"You're a fucking idiot, man! You know that old man's not going to take much more of this! Sooner or later, he's going to hire someone to come after us!", one of the youngest was snarling, only to be backhanded by the largest one, a ragged looking High Elf, who sneered in his face, "Then we'll kill whoever he sends." The others' faces all grew stiff at that statement, and their eyes guarded. Just a bunch of youngsters looking to make a name, wet behind the ears. Haseo pushed a button on the box and a long thin blade popped out of each of the ends. In an ocean up to their ears, in fact.

Haseo let his body take full shape, becoming solid just as he leaped out from his hiding place and raced right into the center of the group, eliciting a few shouts of surprise and more than a few screams of fear. Haseo's crimson half-cloak had a rather nasty reputation, and they recognized it immediately. Instead of running in high like the leader was prepared for as he raised his club, Haseo dropped down into a slide suddenly, just before he reached the leader, and swung out the pole-blade as he did so. The High Elf dropped to one knee with a scream as the blade cut along his shin. The Freyalin was up in an instant, twisting on his feet so that he was facing the High Elf boy, but he didn't stop going back, instead jumping backwards towards a makeshift seat where one of the thugs was sitting, too shocked to move, and thrust one of the blades out behind him as he came back. Haseo landed on the Dark Elf man's lap, his blade leading the way into his stomach. Haseo didn't waste time, abandoning the pole-blade and rolled off of the man as another of the boys managed to grab a bastard sword, one that was old and dull, and thrust it at him. He only succeeded in impaling his Dark Elf friend. The human boy's face twisted into horror as he realized he'd stabbed one of his own. Haseo didn't waist the opportunity and took hold of the boy's wrist, pulling it up along with the bastard sword, and twisted around, jerking the boy's arm out of socket. He screamed loudly, just as Haseo caught the bastard sword that fell out of his hand. The Freyalin let the boy's arm go and twisted around, swinging the blade out and catching him along the throat.

Haseo's eyes were cold fires as a spurt of blood caught him on the face, but he didn't stop for an instant, turning suddenly and throwing the bastard sword, end over end at a fleeing foe, a Wood Elf. Haseo almost regretted killing him as the blade stabbed into his back and out his chest, dropping him, realizing how rare Wood Elves were. It didn't matter though. He'd been paid to do the job and do it he would. Reaching down to his belt with nimble fingers, the crimson blur produced a long wire that had several hooks on the end and spun it over his head once before bringing it to bear on an orc teen. Each of the hooks caught him in the face, and Haseo kicked him away while still gripping the wire, the hooks ripping off some of the orc's lower lip, eyelid, and gums, before Haseo turned his attention back to the High Elf that had begun to regain his senses enough to raise his club on a shaky leg. Haseo brought an open palm up into his face, breaking his nose and causing the boys eyes to roll up into his head as he fell backwards. Stamping his heel once, a razor protruded from the back of his boot and he spun, kicking outwards at the An'Gelus boy that had been backhanded, the razor cutting cleanly along his throat, only for a knee to come flying at his face and knocking him out of the way of the Freyalin. Another quick count brought the dead to four, with two wounded... and one missing. Haseo instinctively rolled forward and drew out his katana as he did so, turning to find that the last one had revealed themselves. It was a scantily clad Dark Elf girl, who had attempted to slip a knife up into his ribs. Haseo didn't bat an eyelash as he lept on her, grabbing her wrist and slamming it to the ground as they both hit and thrust his sword deep into her breast. He'd lost his reservations for killing women and other children a long time ago. Haseo ripped the blade out of her and turned to the remaining two, the High Elf who remained unconcious on the ground and the orc boy who was just beginning to rise off the ground. Haseo swung his blade downwards, cutting open the High Elf's stomach and spun with the cut, twisting his blade in his hands to thrust it downards into the orc's throat.

Haseo stared into the final dying member's eyes as the battlelust slowly ebbed from him, and the sudden need to take a bath took over. It was a new phobia that the Freyalin had developed over the past few years; He couldn't stand having blood on his face around his eyes. It caused him to have minor fits. Pulling his katana out of the orc boy, he gently wiped it on the dirty shirt he wore before sliding it back into its scabbard on his back. He gingerly retrieved his tools, the pole-sword that instantly retracted its blades on another push of the button and the wire hooks. He slipped the two back beneath his cloak and on his belt respectively, turning and intending on leaving openly through the alley. Things rarely work out that easily though.

Haseo felt the breath leave him as a hand slammed into his throat, tightening dangerously and slammed him up against the wall. After reeling for a moment, the Freyalin was able to see well enough to discern just what his attacker was; A tall, ominous looking figure, shrouded in black robes. Whoever it was had their thumb pushing hard against the very center of his throat, cutting off all air. Haseo attempted to draw a few short gasps, but it was in vain. The figure leaned down, setting their face in his and pulled back their hood. Haseo would have gasped had it been possible.

"Hello, Haseo..." He had no idea who this person was. But it was a woman, with narrowed eyes and black hair pulled tightly back from her face. An An'Gelus at that. She looked over her shoulder, never loosening her grip around his throat and made a face at his handy work. "I see you've gotten better... Of course, you were trained by Vair... So it was to be expected that you could only grow after that." Haseo no longer felt so hindered by the lack of air as a cold chill gripped his heart. No one had dared to speak to him of Vair'leon in years. The man who had first killed him, who had been his father. As the woman turned back, Haseo's face had been completely twisted into a snarl, and, with a sound that resembled spitting, Haseo's tongue shot from his mouth and struck her across the face, the purple appendage cutting a line across her forehead and causing her to cry out in pain, letting go of the Freyalin teen's throat in the process. Haseo dropped and contemplated for the barest of moments attacking her, but he somehow knew that he wouldn't be a match for her. Haseo turned quickly and ran a little ways up the wall, before jumping off of it onto the opposite wall of the next building. Digging his talons into the stone, Haseo produced a grappling hook from his belt and threw it at the top of the building. It quickly found a hold and the Freyalin scrambled up the rope, leaving the wounded woman behind, who only glared after him, gripping two shortswords tightly in her hands.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Haseo slipped quietly into the back of the Red Dagger tavern, and shifted silently through the crowds, hair now unbound and his bangs hanging haphazardly in front of his face. He found Barek and Hatake right where he'd left them, in their little corner of the tavern. The proprietor, Lhasa Moonshadow shot him one of her usual lusty looks. Haseo held no delusions that she wanted his body; She wanted her finder's fee. Greedy bitch, Haseo thought callously. Hatake always reprimanded him for his mouth when he spoke out-loud, which had only grown worse since coming to Cerul, so at the very least his thoughts were his own. The Freyalin slipped back into his seat and set his eyes on Hatake first, looking at, what Haseo thought, his strange green eyes. The joys of his spell. Haseo, however had simply chosen to darken his eyes a little and remove the serpent slit pupils, giving his eyes a golden color. He wouldn't make his eyes blue unless he absolutely had to. He despised that color on his eyes.

Haseo's eyes slowly shifted back to their client, who was looking at him apprehensively. As he should.

"You failed to mention there were seven of them. When you said a few punks, I assumed you'd meant three or four." Barek's face paled and he began to stumble over words quickly, but Haseo only chuckled and raised a hand, finishing, "Don't worry about it. I'll just bill ya for it. Besides... It was a good work out." His twin's glare nearly silenced him, but the Freyalin just continued anyways, "And you neglected to mention most of them were barely even ten. I wouldn't worry about it though. They're all dead." Barek's face turned to horror and he stammered, "Ch-children? You... killed children?" Haseo leaned forward on the table and grinned cockily, "You paid me to. So don't go running to no guards, you got me? It's just as much your fault as it is mine." Barek slumped in his chair, quietly accepting that fact and muttered weakly, missing his usual stammer, "I just wanted them to leave me alone."

Haseo, kicking his feet up onto the table and leaning back into his chair, answered callously with his eyes closed, "And now they won't be bothering anyone, unless they decide to haunt ya. Now pay us." Hatake finally piped up, scolding his brother with a short, "That's enough!" The two brothers stared daggers at one another for several seconds, before Haseo snorted and closed his eyes again, while Hatake set his eyes carefully on Barek, saying with a soft tone that was almost cold, but with the bare linings of sympathy tracing it, "If you ever employ someone for this kind of work again, make sure that you give all the information that you can. And make your wants very clear. If you want them scared to leave you alone, say that. If you want them dead... Make sure that you're not going to regret it later." Barek numbly nodded and pulled out a sack, filled with some silver and gold pieces, as well as a few gems, before quietly moving out of the bar, his face crestfallen. Hatake sighed as he reached over and took the sack, before glaring at Haseo again, "Was that really nessecary?"

Haseo offered only a non-commital shrug, arms crossed tightly over his chest plate.

Lhasa chose that moment to pull a seat next to the twins. Her face was no longer holding a seductive gaze to it, and her very posture had changed to a rather rigid and straight edge. The stance of a person ready to draw a blade. She knew that with the mood both of the teens were in, any attempts to use her usual method would only serve to anger them more, and could result in her losing her two best mercenaries. She got more than a fair share of finder's fees out of them. "That didn't look like it ended well", she lightly commented, gauging each of their reactions. Hatake nodded while Haseo smirked, muttering, "He paid. That's not such a bad ending in my opinion." Lhasa wasn't sure whether she should grin at his words or not, so chose instead to just cut to the point, "Well, you boy's owe me a bit for the finder's fee. As well as for lodgings." She corrected herself quickly as Haseo cracked a single eye open and glared at her, "Hatake does anyways." Haseo never slept in any buildings, always finding some rooftop to perch on at night. The boy acted like any comforts he took would nullify his skills and make him useless. Hatake nodded and reached into the sack, producing a single ruby and looking it over with a critical eye, before turning his eyes to Lhasa. She was staring intently at the ruby. She really, really loved rubies.

The Freyalin set the ruby in front of her and said quietly, "That should cover it, yes?" Lhasa nodded and took it, sliding it into her belt carefully. Haseo suddenly grinned widely at her, wetting his lips. Lhasa glared at him realizing what was coming next.

"When's the grub going to be ready?" Lhasa's face flushed in anger and she stated haughtily as she rose, "Soon, you stupid boy." The Dark Elf stomped off, leaving a confused Haseo in her wake. Haseo looked to his twin, giving him an incredulous look and asked, "Why is it she always gets angry over that? She acts like I tossed her into a lake with a Grabble." Grabbles were nasty creatures, large fish that had pincers on either sides of their teeth filled mouths. They were mostly found in the northern shores, but it was not uncommon to see one swim down this way during the colder times of the year. Hatake let a detached grin slide onto his normally passive features and answered quietly, "You really know nothing of women do you?" Haseo raised his nose a bit and nodded, "I know plenty. They're loud, like to complain, and take your hard earned gold." Hatake's smile faded instantly and he sighed, resting his head in one hand, muttering, "Fool." Haseo just raised a brow at his brother but shrugged, closing his eyes again, before remembering something.

"Hey... Hata?" Hatake's eyes moved instantly to look at his brother's frowning visage, concern gripping him. Haseo rarely called him Hata unless he wanted something or something was bothering him, or if he was simply in a somber mood. "Yes, Haseo?" Haseo's eyes barely cracked open, and he stared at the table, "There was someone else there. She knew my name. And she knew about... about Vair." Hatake's eyes darkened significantly at that news. Haseo had only spoken twice of his former father, and only once using his name to his brother. Hatake quietly rubbed his chin, and asked, "Would this person know where we're staying?" Haseo only gave a small shrug, "I don't know... She either found me by accident when I was doing the job, or she knew where I was going. She was an An'Gelus. Thin features, narrowed eyes, short hair that's sorta... pulled back. Maybe through Hurr jelly." The red haired Freyalin shrugged softly, "I don't know... maybe I'm just being paranoid." He looked up to see Hatake was no longer looking at him, but had a dark look on his face. "Did this person happen to be wearing dark robes?" Haseo blinked and nodded slowly, "Yeah... And maybe had some armor on underneath. Heavy. She couldn't follow me up to the roofs." Hatake nodded slightly and said, "Then she's over by the bar." When he was younger, Haseo would have snapped his gaze towards her. But as he'd gotten older and grew a little in Cerul, he'd found that such actions usually drew too much attention to oneself. Instead, he pulled out a dagger and moved as if he were going to polish it. The blade, however, wasn't a blade. Another invention of his, Haseo'd replaced the metal blade with a highly reflective crystal, so that it could serve as both weapon and tool. Looking into the blade, he easily spotted the figure. It was her alright, but his description had been a touch bit off. Her hair wasn't short as he'd thought at first, granted the top and sides were, the back was pulled into a long, thin braid.

Haseo slid the dagger back into its sheath underneath his vambrace and gave a bare nod to Hatake. The blue haired twin stopped short and moved his hand through his hair, flicking off some sparks of arcane energy onto the floor. Everyone in the tavern had a way of signalling to Lhasa that the person asking about them wasn't welcome. The two brothers muttered a few words of disguise, and their features instantly twisted to look just like a couple of humans. The woman in black instantly looked over to their corner, sensing the magick being used. She eyed the two critically, but to everyone around, they just looked like a couple of humans in the same garb they'd been in with small exception; Their cloaks were now both dirty, ragged brown colors. The An'Gelus' already narrowed eyes became slits, and, ignoring Lhasa and her father, walked right over to the two humans, knocking aside a rather small Avarion, one of the bird people, aside to get to the two. She immediately plopped down at the table, and the two looked over towards her with glares of green and gold.

"Got something to say, lass?", Hatake ventured to say, his normally even and calm voice now gravely and snippish. But the woman wasn't looking at Hatake, she was looking at Haseo with a glare. "I saw someone earlier today wearing that exact same style of armor. Haseo cocked his head to the side and grinned roughly, the beard illusion patchy and looking worse for wear than even when he'd had a glare. "Popular armor, I'm guessing. Person you're looking for probably raided a Freyalin ruin, same as me." The woman smirked a bit and asked carefully, "You're realizing that's illegal, of course." Haseo let out a loud laugh and sneered right back in her face, "In the south, maybe. Here, it's all hunky dorey, bitch. Now, unless you want to buy me a drink or give me a quick tumble in the hay, get the Hell outta this tavern."

The woman's face flushed in rage, and she turned quickly, storming out, kicking a table out from under a few of the patrons, who only laughed at her, angering her more from the looks of it as she knocked the door away and flew out of the tavern in a fit.

Haseo and Hatake both watched for several long moments, before dispelling the illusions, Hatake grinning from the excitement, while Haseo was completely cackling. Many in the tavern joined in the twins laughter. Everyone always got a bit of excitement out of watching the two completely make a fool out of themselves and whoever it was that was looking for them. There was usually at least three bounty hunters a week in the dark tavern looking for Haseo (Hatake had never really gotten onto the Temple's radar), and no one that was already in the tavern would pick up the bounty for the red haired Freyalin. They'd seen what happened to those that were too persistant. Haseo didn't just kill them. He tortured them first, and right in front of everyone, causing even Lhasa to be a little squeamish around him when he had a certain look in his eyes. The laughter stopped in an instant, however, as fifteen soldiers burst into the tavern, with the woman in the lead. Gone were her black robes, instead replaced with the golden standard armor of the Temple. The zealots had actually burst into Lhasa's Red Dagger tavern. The guards were never that foolish, seeing as it was filled to the brink with mercenaries, assassins, and other assorted cut-throats. But in the face of this sizeable force, no one seemed to be jumping at the chance to face the Templars. Not the Lion Legions.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Haseo and Hatake, however, weren't stupid enough to sit there dumbfounded. The twins instantly jumped out of their chairs, Hatake throwing a ball of fire at the nearest of the Templars, the table they'd been occupying leading the way, courtesy of Haseo. The table smacked into a couple of the Legions, and normally such a thing wouldn't have hindered the highly trained men, but the fireball that smacked into it and showered them in burning bits of table did. The two brothers instantly jumped out of the window closest to them and took off down the street.

-------

It was a few hours later and both of the brothers were crouching in an alley, hiding away and generally just trying to stay out of sight. They figured after that stunt, Lhasa wouldn't be exactly welcoming to them anymore. They had set the entrance to her tavern on fire. Hatake was glaring across the alley at Haseo, who sighed and finally broke the silence, "I know, I shouldn't have thrown the table." Hatake snorted softly at his brother's understatement. "Fool." Haseo glared heavily at him in return, "What about you?! You're the one that set it on fire." Hatake quickly pointed out, "But I didn't tell you to throw a table in front of it." Haseo wrinkled his nose at his brother, and snarled, "Well your hair is stupid!"

Hatake sighed and let it pass at that, reaching behind himself to attempt and rub at his still sore shoulderblades. They seemed to be pounding more than ever. Haseo looked at his brother with some concern softening his hardened features, voice lined with concern, "We can make it to the alchemists from here. We can get you something for that." Haseo's tail bone hadn't been bothering him, mostly due to his ignoring it. Hatake sighed and shook his head, "No, we can't. If they knew that's where we were staying, don't you think they'd be watching our usual haunts? Maybe we should head down to the sewers." Haseo grimaced at that suggestion. The sewers were the absolute most dangerous part of the city. "Or we could not go to the sewers", Haseo said with a lightly sarcastic tone, "We could go to the upper city. Less dangerous there." Hatake raised a brow at Haseo, cocking his head to the side.

"Is that fear I'm hearing there, brother?", Hatake chuckled lightly at the thought, and at Haseo's face as it twisted in embarrassment, "Shut up... I just don't like the vampires running around down there." Hatake shook his head a bit, "Don't worry about it. They bite you and your blood will burn them. You know that." Haseo reached up to gently rub his neck and shook his head again, "We're not going into the sewers."

Hatake shrugged softly, and moved to stand, but a figure in the alley caught their attention. Mostly because it was standing right between them, and looking at them with serpent eyes set in pale skin. Their mouths dropped instantly, even as the lips, stained a light purple said softly, "Or you could come with me to a Sanctuary of our kind." Hatake stared at the woman, who was so obviously a Freyalin, with a little wonderment in his eyes. She seemed to be smiling especially at him, her jagged, thick purple hair brushed back from her face. Haseo blinked several times then asked gingerly, "... Where the fuck'd you come from?"

--------

Haseo gently opened his eyes, now their natural serpentine slittled, bright yellow color and looked around carefully. He and Hatake had been in this sanctuary for several weeks and so far had found their stay rather enjoyable. There was only a handful of Freyalins here, and they made a living as Haseo had so far; Highly paid killers. But still... something just altogether felt off about them. Haseo sat up from the bed he'd been given, reluctant to prize himself from the sheets. He had to admit, it was extremely nice to actually lay down on something soft for once, rather than his usual stiffness from laying on the tops of buildings. Or in trees.

The Freyalin shook those thoughts away and labeled them as distractions not to be thought of again. Haseo decided that now would be a good time to go and check on Hatake. He'd been writhing in pain last night from his shoulderblades. Haseo dressed in his armor and half cloak quickly, and moved out into the halls of the undergrounad Sanctuary. The halls were low and small, with room for only two people, standing shoulder to shoulder to move through together. Haseo had decided within the first three days he didn't like small cramped places. For some reason, he always felt it was harder to breath then. And it made him nervous about fighting. He was used to having a lot of room to work with, and his style of swordplay (Jokingly called brawling by the others) called for a lot of room to leap around in. So far he'd only gotten to know three of the other Freyalins; The woman who'd found he and Hatake was called Uytem. Her specialty was magick, so she and Hatake had nearly instantly bonded. Another was a pink haired man, which Haseo had gotten no end of amusement out of, was named Yeram. The amusement of this fellow stopped at his hair. He was a rather dull and boring person, who never really seemed to have anything say, though he was taller and thinner than any one of them. He prefered using a rapier, and his quick and graceful movements complimented his chosen weapon well.

The last one, Haseo found that he hated more than any of them. A yellow haired bastard who favored a claymore and heavy armor. The condenscending was constantly attempting to make Hatake and Haseo look like fools, even calling Haseo a weakling who just swung a scrap of metal hoping to hit someone. For the most part, Haseo ignored the bastard, until the day that the brute of a Freyalin tripped him and stood on his back, continuing to berrate Haseo for being such a 'weakling'... Until he'd felt a sharp pain in his foot, and the firey Freyalin had leaped upon him, beating him senseless. It took five others to pull Haseo off of Hurden, and by then, the man had a bleeding nose, a split and swollen lip, and several gashes on his face from Haseo's talons. Haseo shook his head forcefully, not allowing such thoughts into his mind anymore.

Haseo turned the sharp corner and threw Hatake's doors open, ready to tell him he'd had enough of this place... When he saw his brother standing there, shirtless with a pair of midnight blue feathered wings spread from his back, Hatake's face a look of superiority. None of the older Freyalins even had wings. Or... anything like that.
Haseo
Haseo
Emperor
Emperor

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down